Anyone solve Purple Oxidation from converted D9?

Hey fam,

Has anyone been able to prevent the purple oxidation that forms from using triiso to convert CBD into D9? It seems to happen within hours of coming in contact with air and you can slow it down but not prevent it.

I got the water washing down pretty good and it distills colorless in the flask but it seems the higher the % of D9, the more it oxidizes.

I am absolutely willing to pay for a consultant who can prove they’ve solved this issue or respond here!

Cheers everyone!

1 Like

Inert atmosphere during isomerization and inert atmosphere when packaging.

5 Likes

Keep it away from the atmosphere. Storing under an inert gas will stop it from happening.

3 Likes

That seems to help slow down the oxidation but has anyone found anything to prevent it? If you took a nicely packaged syringe of the oil and squirted it on a plate, it’ll still oxidize pretty deep purple.

2 Likes

thats what high purity d9 does afiak

2 Likes

Arrr…gon, matey!

2 Likes

How can that be 100% true? I’ve had some Trim derived disty test out at higher D9 % than the converted D9 and not oxidize nearly as quickly.

the other compouds in the natural disty prevented oxidization

5 Likes

Do we know what those are? I’m wondering if you add those to the converted D9, wouldn’t that be enough to prevent the rapid oxidation?

1 Like

Then damn I’ve ever never had high enough purity disti or never had a concerted liter lol

Either way damn

1 Like

potentially lipids?

can occur from diamonds

2 Likes

Probably Quinones they are breakdown products of your cannabinoids

12 Likes

My man comes with receipts

Good info thanks

1 Like

this thread may provide insight as well

1 Like

Not really. Converted D9 will feature this quality, even when you do everything right AFAIK. Even mechanically separated THCA can oxidize quickly when decarbed.

as @silverstudent mentioned, quinones are everyone’s best bet. (check the thread above, they discuss them a bit)

Preventing oxidation through precise control of your atmosphere is the best way at the moment. Argon works best.

3 Likes

You can dissolve some THCa into hot distillate. The carboxylic acid in the THCa is an anti oxidant.

7 Likes

Doesn’t changing solvents fix that? I was under the impression DCM would produce an amber product

Rapid oxidation is typically due to high pH.

4 Likes

If it is oxidation… Maybe use an antioxidant? Tocopherol, BHT, ascorbic acid come to mind, all GRAS… Which one of those yall want to smoke?

6 Likes