YOC Dirty Diamond Tek - THCa isolation from Crude

how fast are you spinning? is there such a thing as too fast?

The basket is the limiting factor for spinning. Before we made basket supports we wouldnā€™t go above 1500.

2 Likes

listed up threadā€¦

the force IS related to the speed.

ā€¦but without rotor diameter, ā€œspeedā€ doesnā€™t give you the complete picture. ask the all gnowing one

yes, too fast breaks things. perhaps catastrophically.

certainly how I made ā€œshatterā€ most recently.
How to turn "Shatter" into diamonds/sauce/distillate/anything I can sell?

5 Likes

look at those stonesā€¦ gorgeous!
/s

2 Likes

yep.

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

what you can SEE is a completely pulverized pint canning jar.

the THCA is inside what is left of the mesh basket.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CljlBn3Nq-A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Check this out, turn your Panda into a centrifuge for separating diamonds from sauce (I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS ITā€™S NOT SAFE YOU MIGHT LAUNCH A JAR OR GLASS INTO YOURSELF OR OTHERS). I have manufactured custom bucket inserts for a legit brand of lab centrifuges. You can run 500-600 grams of material in my containers per centrifuge. Run times around 5-15 minutes with the correct conditions. The issue with the centrifuge that is shown in the above post is the amount of g-force applied to the material. The run times are so long because the rotor axis is not long enough to produce the g-force to quickly separate the material.

LinkedIn posts about this:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how to replay to certain posts so this is for the guy that posted some drawings of an insert:

You should make the support for the inserts much lower. Typically thereā€™s not much volume needed for the sauce, and lowering your support structure will move the screen further away from the rotor which will increase the centrifugal force on the material.

I already have the containers made for Baxter centrifuges, but could make custom inserts for any buckets. Itā€™s not cheap, but I can sell the entire set up, centrifuge with four containers for about $5K. The containers have replaceable stainless steel screen inserts, but if you are careful with the screens they can be reused indefinitely.

If you donā€™t care about your safety you can use ball jars and the panda spin dryer. I have a video on Instagram showing Ball Mason jars, with a cocktail shaker lid, and the future4200 fav a.k.a. The Panda spin dryer.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CljlBn3Nq-A/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

You will have to forgive the video quality. I just got in on social media and figured out how to use my phone to record stuff other people might want to watch. All that video was shot before I realized I might share that on line. It was just for my own records.

Final disclaimer. I agree with the 89F optimal temp for nucleation to occur. I did that reaction at room temp with out any pressure. I have been successful at making crystals from as low as 55F to as high as 104F. If you have enough seed you can turn any good quality extraction into a fully crystallized container in less than 15 minutes.

The main issue with speeding the crystallization is hydrocarbons can get trapped in the crystals and you have to crush them, vac purge, or bring them to their melting point and immediately cool to recrystallize them. I might post more on that process at some later time.

I noticed some people are posting about using larger lab centrifuges. Hereā€™s a good link on centrifuge failure:

https://web.mit.edu/charliew/www/centrifuge.html

2 Likes

Did you ever get any of these made? Interested in buying some

They werenā€™t successful, the baskets still got crushed because they busted out the crimping on the flange instead

1 Like

We use the style i designed every day and it allows us to increase the speed about 80%. The sides of the screen where the seam is eventually give out though.

3 Likes

we actually lost a couple (3?) at the flange recently.

best guess is that the ratio of sup to ppt was abnormal, and we just had too much weight up top.

baskets may already have been failing at the seam when loaded.

4 Likes

Do you have any for sale? What kinda load/RCF can they handle?

Just got my CLT55 from @Waxplug1. Ran some wide mouth jars with the short baskets that come with it up to 800 RCF with no issues. Only had about 50g in each basket and ran for a couple hours. Not sure how hard you can push those Lil guys :sweat_smile:

I wouldnā€™t run them in glass jars. pretty sure weā€™ve deformed the stainless milk jugs weā€™re using with them. I also believe Iā€™ve posted the rcf we are getting out of them. on the order of 2k iirc. couldnā€™t tell you where. other than ā€œsolved my shatter problemā€ is probably a decent search key

4 Likes

Saw your post about the stainless cups that fit. Thank you for that!

Also saw your post about 4000 rpm and backing to 2000 which equated to just over 800 RCF. I canā€™t find it atm but thank you for that as well!

1 Like

awesome. that sounds about right. above that they tend to fail radially (at the side seam), then at the top flange. a band around the waist might solve that and I thought I saw @Waxplug1 heading in that direction.

1 Like

What causes winterized unactivated crude to crystalize sometimes, and sometimes it just stays uniform?

I think a lot of it depends on how much residual solvent is in there and if the oil has been decarbed or not, being decarbed, it wonā€™t crystallize.

2 Likes

Depends on a lot of things, first thing to check would be d9 amount, partially decarbed can prevent crystallization a LOT!

Your extract needs to be low enough in viscosity to allow crystals to form, this can be accomplished by 2 things increasing temperature and or solvents/terpenes.

2 Likes

Done lots of potency testing on loads of reCxā€™s.
At around 30%+ THC to thcA, you will run into crystallization issues plus ALL the other compound in the mother liquorā€¦that said we have had centrifuged mother liquor sitting for over a year and the thcA will crash out and settle.
Someone show me an economical way to separate thcA wiithin a post centrifuged high THC mother liquor environment and i would be very happy

2 Likes