Yield help!

Is this fresh frozen trim, or is it just trim that was frozen shortly after (dry) trimming?

I keep the material in the freezer over night and I usually put the collection vessel in a cooler with dry ice packed around it. Should I also be freezing the material column as well? I have a jacketed column but it’s only a 224G one. I guess I can use a pant leg and pack it with dry ice and let it sit around the material column for awhile before I pack material and run.

I’m running 175 Grams of CRX media bros per pound of material. I use about a 100 grams of W1 per pound of material. It seems to be a loss no matter what powders I’m running. I’m starting to think that I’m just not running cold enough and that’s why I’m not able to strip all the goodies off like I should be. The material is coming with tricombs still clearly on it and I can still get some scent of terps as well so I’m not stripping the material clearly just needed some guidance from all you awesome guys on here.

The colder u run the less you pick up

3 Likes

I think cooling the material column in dry ice is more important than the collection. salty ice water is sufficient for me to collect 20 lbs of solvent.

they should be still on it just the oil has been taken out. a trichome is 70% pollen sack the other 30% is canna oil

1 Like

As someone else mentioned, try a run without powders & compare results. Remove that variable so you can better isolate where you’re having an issue.

2 Likes

They recommend running the CRX at a minimum of -10°C. If you run warm the media swells and you’ll lose yield due to the porous nature of the media. You want to go cold and slow while still maintaining flow with the CRX.

I made a temporary sleeve from rigid duct a while back.

1 Like

Yes that is recommended yet it doesnt’t change the fact that running cold will yield less due to less unwanted stuff being extracted

1 Like

I don’t run CRC to extract “unwanted stuff”. I run it with the intent of removing that unwanted stuff. If you run warm you’ll be leaving behind stuff you do want. Granular media like CRX should not be ran warm in my opinion.

Yep, yield and cold are two seperate issues. I use lots of tane but always get quite a bit of return on a 2nd run. enough to make it worth my time to make hash oil gummies.

I’m not saying to run warm. Op said he thinks hes not getting everything because he’s not running cold enough to strip all the goodies. Running colder won’t help you yield more unless you were running too warm to where you had vapor instead of liquid gas to begin with. Seems like op is using cans. If so how are you getting solvent cold @Lightlabs

1 Like

I agree with this 100%

I’m just pointing out that if you run through the CRX cold you’ll have less loss to the media. He could do the initial extraction warm if he’s concerned with yield loss and then pass through the media cold.

2 Likes

Well I can tap mostly and I have run from can straight to material column before. I guess I underestimated the fact that maybe to much of the tane turns to vapor because of not always running from the tank to the material column with the tank on dry ice. Makes sense that even though I’m running 10:1 if I don’t keep the column cold and the tane cold enough then it can turn to vapor and I would get yield loss that way.

Holy moly! I would of never thought about that thanks a lot man! That’s why I love this message board so much you guys are always an immense help when troubleshooting

2 Likes

Did not realize that!!! Appreciate the knowledge

1 Like

the ones we are after look like balloons.
Most of them are on sticks.
Cannabinoids, terpenes, machinery and parts to make more.

Fuck all else…

Except for the balloon itself (lipids & epicuticular waxes).

6 Likes

most definitely idk what inwas thinking no pollen there. lets call it the trichome shell?

1 Like

Thank you for being patient with me (I know I’m a bit of a headass…okay… truthfully I’m very much so a headassed mf)

After more research specifically around the cellular structure of the trichome head i get what you’re saying now.

The “skin” around the head is composed mostly of epidermal and hypodermic cells that create a waxy hydrophobic “skin” which is no bueno, much ick, I understand now.

1 Like