Packing tubes

just bought this and tried it out today…kief everywhere…was able to pack 11lbs into a column though.
i dont understand how the attachment connects to the toro properly when trying to use the toro in reverse…the attachments are made so that the adaptor set cannot be secured onto the toro if thetube on the bottom is attached.
@Concentrated_humbold how did you connect the sock to the bag assembly?

I got the idea feom some guys up here yrs ago, i don’t remember the exact model i started using but it had the dust collector bag kinda like the ones that go one the twister teim machines. It was part of the whole dust collection system for the sanders, planers etc. i got it feom home depot yrs ago, so i think it was dewalt. I try and track down my friend in Oregon and see what brand he was using

1 Like

Have you looked at the shop vac accessories in Home Depot? Im sure you can rig something up. Im about to try this too.

What did you end up preferring? the worx or the toro

We got the works one wound up taking it apart removing the contact that stopped operation if the bottom bag was removed, attached a 2 1/2 shop vac hose to the outlet with a house clamp, we also wrapped duck tape around another 2/12 hose until lit would snugly fit into the front, then made a stand for it to rest on, all in all it works fast but generates insane about of pollen

3 Likes

Nope! Can’t let that one slide…

Pollen is the plant equivalent of sperm.

Only anthers make “pollen”…and that sinsemilla you’re running has, by definition, never seen a pollen grain.

You’re either making dust, or loosing kief.

Calling trichome heads “pollen” is a hold over from prohibition…advertising a device to press kief into hash was a no-go…so it was advertised as a “pollen press”.

We are past that now, and using the biologically correct terminology helps with communication.

8 Likes

i think im losing yield by using this…i see kief flying everywhere out the bag

2 Likes

Sorry yes kief! Most definitely not “pollen”

@samurai
You most likely are losing yield, we are cooking up something that could most definitely fix these issues, are you grinding into a bag or straight to socks?

2 Likes

tried both…this thing grinds it up so fine i see it coming out of both socks and the bag

variac?

2 Likes

Best method we found was too put a bag around the socks when filling and leave a little hole in the top for the air to vent, but that air needs to go somewhere and it’s going to take the lightest things with it… after say 50lbs Increments we found quite a nice pile of very fine kief! If we added up all the kief that was produced from this we would of had a couple pounds lol. We just wound up mixing the kief from each strain into the last bits of trim to make an extra potent sock! There is definitely loss that’s why we’re cooking up something better!

1 Like

We don’t like loosing yield per tube ran so we are finding a way to keep the kief in place.

Put it on its lowest setting. Works fine and minimizes dust. Use outdoors or in a well ventilated room

Got a better solution i am working on

1 Like

curious why you guys are chopping up your trim. i understand it can fit more? is that the only reason? doesnt it reduce quality ? increase extracting all unwanteds?

3 Likes

They are making crude oil. Never grind trim. I freeze and grind (crush) nug

5 Likes

I’m not making crude, I’m making very high grade shatter and sugar

2 Likes

I just found this thread, does anyone use something like this with an adapter? https://www.harborfreight.com/1-18-in-sds-variable-speed-rotary-hammer-kit-64288.html?cid=paid_google|||64288&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=&utm_content=&gclid=CjwKCAjw87SHBhBiEiwAukSeUeWOItdr9ubhu7L56pJOUK6yqO5MQwbWmerHznb3ln4t22xmQOiTjBoCsZoQAvD_BwE I already have things I could attach to it.

How is a “drill holes in concrete” tool going to help you grind biomass? It’s not bud…it’s not.

6 Likes

Seriously, wtf

4 Likes