Yield help!

I’m really driving myself crazy over this yield issue. I’ve tried researching and doing different things to fix it to no avail. I’m getting 7-8% yield on very fresh trim from some pretty fire outdoor blue knight nug. It’s also hand trimmed not machine. I feel like I should be getting atleast 12%. I’ve used the media bros crx and also W1 and other powders as well. I’ve baked the powders and also went from running the powders in the material column to also using a CRC column. I’m running a 1 pound closed loop with a 2 1/2 inch CRC column attached. My material column is 3 inch x 36 inches. I also have a ball valve attached to separate the material column from the rest to be able to soak. I’ve tried running the solvent very slow as well. Any suggestions?

How much solvent per pound of material?

3 Likes

im sure thats it…i stepped up to 10:1 and found my missing %

3 Likes

Same here went 10-1 till i dialed in tech more. Now i can do 7-1 and get similar yield as 10-1

1 Like

Consulting is available where are you located

have you been doing this before crc? If not try a non crc run, you can polish it up by redissolving it and running through the crc. If the material is fresh I think crc is unnecessary and bad unless you just have to keep up with the joneses and ruin your oil by making it lighter colors.

3 Likes

I’m using the equivalent to 300ml per ounce of biomass. So for every 1 LB it’s 4800ml which I believe comes out to 10 : 1. That’s the frustrating part because I thought that would of been it too.

Have you ever got the trim tested?

1 Like

I’m sure the CRC is taking some percentage out maybe 2% or so but that still doesn’t account for the bulk of the loss. The other thing I wanted to ask is usually when I’m running at full speed fast,hard and cold the outside of my material column doesn’t get that super cold icy condensation look and feel to it. I’m wondering if that means the solvent is channeling and just not stripping the material correctly. Bow when I ran slower the material column did start to get that icy cold condensation look on the outside of it.

1 Like

butane/propane are refrigerants and change temp quick. I suggest freezing the whole column in dry ice for an hour and then using a pants leg around it stuffed with dry ice while running. Otherwise it just isnt staying cold in the tube. I put my can of alcohol in the dry ice cooler too and then when its on the chiller coil and I add dry ice It doesnt even bubble. 12 percent is my min id expect as well. I end up rerunning it because im cheap.

1 Like

What % does the trim test at? That’s going to be the first piece of info you need to decide if your yields are where they should be.

1 Like

You should add that to the tips and tricks thread

5 Likes

i suggest freezing the material on dry ice prior to running…

if your not and ur loading it then waiting for it to freeze by tbe column then you might be fighting condensation on the bud.? just trying to think of everything…otherwise hiw much powders are u running

2 Likes

Shouldn’t have moisture issues unless he freezes the column prior to pulling vac.

the main thing is time. you cant freeze a column in a few minutes. the sleeve is just to maintain the temp. Jacketed sleeves wont do the job unless you run the coolant for an hour either. How long does it take to freeze a burrito in cryo- 45 minutes, per how its made. thats a tiny burrito. No way are people running chillers getting material that cold in a few minutes, it requires an hour at least.

I like sealing it and vacing first. I always seem to be getting condensation working with cold materials. A walk in would be ideal

1 Like

i always bag and seal in in vac bag before tossing it in dry ice…i just dont squeeze all the air out so the material isnt a cement ball

1 Like

have you tried that with material socks before? Kinda curious myself now…

I think when you see the frost line moving thats the phase chage of liquid gas to vapor. Get it colder so it doesnt do that is best.

ur column freezing over just means ur running cold…which is good. mine freezes over the moment i packed tbe dry ice frozen material