WNC THCP? How real could this be?

I uploaded to another THCP thread the analysis. I’ll try to upload them here too.

First image is proof we purchased Cayman standards for THCP and CBDP.
Second image (fake1) is the chromatograph of a “THCP” same we received. It is a bad D8 attempt. Notice all the compounds below 70 minutes.
Third image is a zoom in of the bad actors in this sample.
Fourth image is spectra of one. I’m not going to dump them all as there are so many.
Fifth image is showing a zoom of the THC (120-128 min) and THCP (128+) elution times. Most of the compounds are in THC, CBD, deltas, abnormal THC, etc… The compounds in 130+ are of interest as they will fool an HPLC.
Sixth image is the spectra of the fake THCP molecule. It is an olivetol based compound with a enough fragments bonded to it to get to MW360.
Seventh image is showing time for D8.
Last image shows the spectra of a real THCP analysis. This is the proper spectra when analyzed by a GCMS with Ion Trap.

13 Likes

Normally when I see a list of benzene derivatives/aromatics I recognize several of them. Today was not one of those days. Only things in there I’ve seen cited in cannabis previously are 2-ethyltoulene and 3-ethyltoulene. This is equally as interesting to read through as it is concerning. Thank you for sharing this data and I hope to see you post more of your results.

10 Likes

https://fsp.farm/ ?

-FSP+ certified is the gold standard of quality and recognized in the industry as premium THCP (Tetrahydrocannabiphorol).
-THCP (Tetrahydrocannabiphorol) is a research compound 30X more active at the CB1 receptor than Delta 9THC.
-THCP isolate contains 99+% Pure THCP derived from plant terpenes in an FDA approved facility and produced following cGMP processes.
-It is a high-purity cannabinoid compound we are pleased to make available.
-THCP isolate contains zero detectable THC.

this kinda reads like they’re obfuscating the fact they’re not selling isolate

2 Likes

I grabbed one of these to test in the gc (lol no way I am trying to inhale this) but haven’t had the chance. Its the most intriguing coa i’ve ever seen of a distillate at 4.27%…

https://www.apotheca.org/corvus-thcp-cartridge-orange-crush.html

3 Likes

OMG Bell’s Lab. I believe that’s it. It is the fsp.farm. I’ve seen Bell’s Lab on some.

Very bad stuff. HPLC testing cannot possibly identify everything wrong it in. The HPLC testing is only quantifying known compounds.

It’s only showing 4.27% because that is the known Delta THC and CBD compounds. There are many large abnormal compound peeks that make up the other 95%.

I’ll post more of the individual compound byproduct data. For certain they are making a lot of:

cyclohexane type byproducts.
phthalates
phenols (bad)
tons of p-Cresol

I think i’d find a cleaner sample from a superfund site groundwater.

3 Likes

Any of the byproducts “good” ?

3 Likes

That’s because these aren’t ever found in the plant. These are byproducts from breaking down CBD (obviously in air) over a period of several days. Then adding a Lewis acid, olivetol, and likely some terpenes to create a random mash of THC-type compounds and some high MW ones.

2 Likes

Well, some aren’t toxic. I don’t believe they were desirable. None of the samples I’ve tested have been purified in any way. It’s like they are shortpathing some of it but all the reagents and byproducts are still in it as a crude.

1 Like

Vape crisis 2.0 in the making.

4 Likes

I checked our samples we received. We got a few of these with complaints. We were asked if this is real or not. Couchlock and FSP are from the same source. They have identical synthesis markers.

1 Like

I’m seriously hoping to avoid this. Another vitamin-e is not what anyone needs. These people need to get their act together. I’m asking all the sources to try and find me who is behind this synthesis, as in who is financing and operating it. I was advised tonight that it is definitely made in DC but being financed out of Houston Texas. These guys are trying to flog it so hopefully one of the potential wholesalers can get a name.

4 Likes

Happy to see that someone is watching. I genuinely wonder if this is ignorance or malicious negligence. I wish our regulators gave as much of a fuck about human health as you do

4 Likes

No edit needed…

2 Likes

Sign me up, I might need an administrator.

1 Like

I’m your guy.

Can we try putting 2-3 up there?

2 Likes

Two wholesalers had calls with the parties involved. I just got a second confirm to ensure the info is accurate.

The FSP+ is being sold by David Nyguen of Pershire, Houston, Texas. He is the owner. He has a chemist David Hart(sp?) from Spectrum Labs in Washington DC. It appears this is the same David people spoke about this summer on this board and were complaining they couldn’t get a mass spec result out of him. I certainly know why now!

David is attempting to sell bulk product at $150k! I hope this helps and is about as much as I can find out. Hopefully this can be resolved within this community.

If David or David continue to produce product and we get more bad samples I’ll have to report it with findings in the hope of stopping this before someone gets seriously hurt.

4 Likes

You have not bought me a drink or pulled my hair. My interest is being lost fast!

3 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

Please post your results. It would be nice to have secondary confirmation of our findings!

1 Like

I was going to say that some of these look to be abnormal degradation byproducts of added terpenes but I do not understand how or why. My first thought was this looks like some type of terpene boneyard. The more I look the more questions I have than answers…

2 Likes