Will shatter shatter without DEWAX?

redissolved it and this came out. never dewaxed again after that. Just run cold and fast

23 Likes

so buddy asked me to try heating with heat gun, cooling and flipping (and repeat as many times as necessary) which seems to be yielding some pretty good results and creating a much more “shatter/glass/breakable” end product. Anyone try this besides myself?

10 Likes

Thanks, @midsfactory that’s great! Because you use that system, I’m sure you find results but for the time it takes for the tane to travel through that condensing coil, it will drop quite a bit in temp? That’s definitely and addition I will be adding, so thanks again! I’ll probably stick with the ISO, I guess for the simple “clean” factor but your Anti-Freeze makes total sense.

How about a question on the pour for you guys from the honey pot? I like to get quite a bit of the tane out prior to the pour, a bit thinner than a molasses. Pour on to a room temp sheet covered with parchment. It then goes into the oven (90 these days) and I wait until the pour gets to just about oven temp before I pull a vac. I’ve been going full vac at that point, which is just over 600 in my set up. I get a decent size muffin and it drops in a fair amount of time, between 15 minutes to 45. Everything is looking great at this point but as well, final product is softer than hoped for. So my question is, can I pour better or change up my approach? I have not found much inof in this forum on the pour technique.

Most likely working cause you’re burning off some terps

8 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Very terpy slabs. Tried some samples and it’s got a very nice taste. I’m just glad it’s not fucking rubber anymore

2 Likes

Did you go directly to the 5 micron disc. How did it flow?

If it was slow there’s a reason behind that.

Whenever I dewax vs running fast and cold, I get far larger yields.

Dewaxing/winterizing takes time. Doesn’t matter how fast you can get cold, which is actually not the best thing to do.

When you winterize with ethanol. Normally one would do a room temp filter, through multiple grades of microns. Traditionally 20/8-11/1. Then freezer, then cryo freezer. Have you ever tried putting it straight into the freezer and went straight to a 1 or 5 micron filter and it fucks your shit all up.

I hate how long it takes to dewax, too. I really do.

4 Likes

the run went a little less then normal speed, but decent flow. Ive also dewaxed in the past winterizing the run afterwards and there was some wax but very minimal not enough in my personal opinion to dewax every run and lose more thca. I was convinced for awhile that i needed to thoroughly dewax to grow good diamonds. Not the case. I pack my columns the day before and put them in the freezer. My coil is good and cold and my collection is already vacd down. when i’m ready i pull out my column put it on the collection vac it down and blast. my columns take any ware from 2.5 to 3 mins to fill all the way up and then i dump 2 mins later. i’ve soaked for up to 10 mins and saw no increase in yield so i found my sweet spot. That cold and quick your really not pulling any fats with that procedure. I’m all about doing tests and experiments to see what works best and for FF for me that’s it.

5 Likes

Can’t you just run more solvent over the materials if your running super cold to pick it all up? I’m kinda in @J12’s boat here fast and cold. Dewax isn’t needed.

Imo anyways

5 Likes

Not hating just not sure how your getting a larger yield when your removing stuff from your concentrate when?

3 Likes

I’m also talking with dry material. Not just frozen. Frozen I’ll freeze and run it -50c and colder. I’m all about experiments, too. I must be doing something different. But when I lose over 100g in my material just because I’m trying to save time.

5 Likes

I run all fresh frozen regular and crc dry material these days. Still i’m not getting how you get better yields when dewaxing? you are taking stuff away how does that increase yield? Unless i’m missing something?

4 Likes

how long are you soaking your run for?

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Maybe it’s magic.

Just like how you don’t explain publicly how you have those clear terps.

9 Likes

I can’t give out all my secrets. besides that’s more for the head you don’t yield much on those so it’s not like i’m pumping out a bunch. i don’t make them often.

1 Like

I already know what you’re doing, anyway.

When I dewax, I get such high yield because I have a few tricks up my sleeve that help me when I am operating. Removing fats shouldn’t have significant reduction on yields, just time.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s not complicated. Whatever your secrets are for that sound much more valuable anyways. I don’t know how you can gain yield while taking something away. That’s some magic

7 Likes

Again man not hating just sharing what i do and what’s been working for me. I’m sure you got your own tek too which is why your not publicly sharing that knowledge either

3 Likes

Rushing fast and cold doesn’t grab everything, that’s what I’m telling you. I start with a slightly chilled solvent so that I can control its flow. Then, I flush my material, transfer into a dewax chamber and let her gradually get cold for a couple hours and flush. Stage your filter and it won’t bind up your thca with the filter. Also being heavily saturated helps with this.

I do this with cured resin runs.

9 Likes

oh right on. how long does a run take? do you only do it with cured material or FF as well. I can’t speak on the cured material but a longer soak for me didn’t yield more when running FF. i don’t use a chiller so it would be a little trickier for me to get a constant low temp before getting really cold. During my runs the last third goes clear and all the experiments i’ve done don’t yield anymore then what i’m currently doing. How much more do you think you are yielding by doing your process?

1 Like