Why Are People Still Making Shatter?

That tech makes me want to vomit.
How to destroy the value of you sugar in 3 easy steps

exactly! bring me that swiss cheese lookin goodness! :alien:

1 Like

The HTE is really nice, still has a little THCa, and the isolate is what the customer wants.

Of all the disgusting things people put in their bodies, this doesn’t bother me all that much

1 Like

What bothers me is the economic loss when you take spun sugar and you melt it down into shatter.
Oiled out thca is worth less than crystals, even sugar.
Only reason there is any demand for shatter is because so many don’t understand crystallising.
The excuse that oh well. It’s a lower price offering. Well you can make diamonds for pretty much identical cost and others will too once they realize how easy crystallisation can be.

4 Likes

Stores don’t want to carry only one consistency. They want a variety of products. The consumers as well. It’s only a loss if you have limited inventory

7 Likes

Shatter is stupid easy to make with high ROI. If people came up after ~2014, there is still a demand for it.

If you can make a half decent product, who are you to gatekeep a consumer demand?

13 Likes

I’m saying there will be no demand because there already is none in much of California. Look at sales analytics, you have like 4000 grams of shatter a week being sold across the state. A single wook with a 12"x1" glass tube could make that in 2014. The demand is vanishing. The future has no place for slabs
Enjoy it while it lasts.
The future has has no place for “ease of production”
It’s all easy, that’s the real point

3 Likes

California has the toughest market in the WORLD and you can tell by listening to license folks speak on it.

Only a 1/3 of distros pay for product so that means 2/3 of distro in state are thief’s with excuses.

No banking, no support from state legislators, glass house and the like trying to corner the market by tanking it and many multitudes being produced over what is being sold.

Keep you head up in that bloodbath

My state has people going out of business because they can’t make money with a $1200 indoor lb because they have unrealistic overheads and debt. And 5 dollar grams for the extract guys with the highest capex and open in the industry for the lowest margins.

It’s fucked out there and it used to be a world where any scale and quality made money. Not the case anymore.

All of you extract guys should learn how to cultivate if you want a job on this industry in 10 years. Jobs for director and manager of extraction dried up worse than your nannas vajayjay

8 Likes

Shatter is 100% back.

7 Likes

I bet live liquid shatter carts would sell well hahahaha

4 Likes

Let shatter die already. Jesus.

5 Likes

AND? they ask for shatter.

2 Likes

Look if i have a cliant that wants shatter. I will supply them shatter as long as it is profitable. Thats what we do as extractors. We know what good and whats better. Its not your job to explain that to customers. Educate budtenders to educate patient’s. I will still do my best to make the best shatter on the market, because thats what a great extractor does. Shatter still matters.

13 Likes

It wouldn’t be a surprise. I like a nice shatter. I get more throat irritation from super terpy stuff. Pure diamonds are pretty smooth for me, it’s the terps the make me cough and cause throat irritation.

I make shatter carts and they sell very well. Some customers prefer them to live resin carts. The buzz from shatter is a bit different then live resin, maybe there’s more cbn in cured products that give you more of a stoned sedative type high?

I would say that shatter in dc is seen as the lower end spectrum of extracts. It’s always the cheapest and we get really shit floppy soft slabs out here. I’ve even seen distillate sell for more then shatter out here, and I know how insane that is… but different markets are well… different.

The highest volume seller out here is live sugar and badder. People assume live products have more value and will pay more for it. Shatter is more for the budget minded consumer looking for the cheapest extract for their money. Diamonds and sauce move, but the price increase over sugars/badders keeps most people away from them except for occasional splurges. Most people don’t think diamonds/sauce are worth the extra money over sugars and badder. The high isn’t much different but the price point is much higher.

1 Like

sad-upset

5 Likes

It seems on point, why more sugar is requested and shatter slowing, some people aren’t looking though for the most high and like the smooth high shatter delivers, the trend does seem to be towards sugars. I was surprised and wondered why

I was talking about the dispensary badders I’ve tried. I don’t make diamonds, sauces or badders because it takes too long to form.

The one time I ever successfully made diamonds was closed column made and they were delicious but the wait time sucks.

If there was a way to make it so everything that needed to form could do it in three days, then it would seem worth it to make it; To me but then again you’re making a profit, I’m not so it’s more worth it to you to pump and dump, as much as you can and as fast as you can.

I’d rather smoke clean shatter straight from the extractor than what’s currently available in most places.

1 Like

The words of someone with little access to good extracts

Wet sugar or badder shits on everything including rosin when we’ll done with killer inputs

5 Likes

I’d rather smoke badder or sugar over shatter. I just won’t consume it if I don’t know who made it.

1 Like