Why Are People Still Making Shatter?

Out of curiosity can I ask why you are still producing shatter?

It’s about the most labor intensive output that cannot contain the same amount of terpenes as a sugar sauce or badders.

The amount of sugar sauce or badders you can produce in half the time you produce shatter seems like a no brainer to me.

For example I could fit 12-24 slabs in an oven and that’s only going to be a couple kilos total at most in each oven. Or I can use Pyrex pans and make badders or sugar sauce style outputs and easily fit 10 Pyrex pans in the oven that hold 2 kilos in each pan making the oven’s total to be closer to 20 kilos.

And guess what style has a better terpene profile? The sauces and badders. Also no issues of fighting nucleation on your slabs or the labor intensive issues of folding parchment or flipping slabs and working muffins.

23 Likes

Ugh because people want shatter duh

15 Likes

The only people that want shatter are traditional markets and uneducated people.

21 Likes

Because my tolling contracts prefer shatter. Who am I to argue with the costumer.

18 Likes

And lowest priced sku on the market, as well. Applying less effort, I can make a more valuable product

19 Likes

If that’s what they want and the books are in the black, give it to em.

2 Likes

Shatter doesn’t need to sit in an oven for long to purge. Its already thin enough to allow you to purge within 10 min. Every full oven should take about 15 min to purge and harvest

15 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

Maybe it’s time to educate your clients. Do some side by sides and show them the quality differences and offer to sell the badders at a lower cost. It should cost you less to produce. Pass that savings to clients and have a win win situation.

I had requests for shatter at one time too. I told then it will cost more and have less terps and they were pumped to get a better product at a lower cost.

6 Likes

Eh… i sold cars for a long time and the guys who tried to educate and cared the most, usually sold the least.

You can really piss people off when instead you just give them what they want and keep it moving.

26 Likes

Selling a car that’s already produced is a lot different. He’s asking for people who can build those cars not sell them.

If the shatter was already made I would suggest convincing the buyer to buy something else I would sell them the thing already made.

Shatter free is the way to be! :joy:

1 Like

What ppm are you accepting for residual solvents? Are you accepting state regulations, if it says pass you’re good. Or, do you have an standard that all extracts have to meet before you let them go to packaging or the toll contract.

And still the time involved in a run, sugaring it out, then spinning it in the centrifuge, then putting it back together, melting in a vessel, then recover extra solvent (if needed), pour and make shatter. After step one I can purge it and make 40% more revenue. If I go to step two, then three being infused prerolls and HT for carts. I’ll make roughly 4x as much. I can see it being viable for some, but it would be a step back for my production to make less.

9 Likes

Yea I hear you. If I want a certain beer that’s what I want regardless of others opinion. Nothing wrong with making shatter if that’s what is being requested

6 Likes

And every good businessman knows to say no. Taking in work or business is not always a good thing.

4 Likes

While I recognize the complaints. The ad is to hire someone that still makes shatter. Not hijack and argue over why. Opinions aside, good luck.

2 Likes

Lots of off topic comments here. Really only trying to find a qualified employee. I could care less about your opinions on shatter and how viable it is.

10 Likes

bro it’s 2022 we haven’t been staying on topic since we figured out how to spin THCA

3 Likes

Shatter is still popular around my area. I’m about to wrap my car with a shatter design :pray:

12 Likes

Night shift employee 40-50k @ 40hrs that knows how to make product 10 years old should open plenty of leads as well.

Shatter is the Cali market. Rare in Washington and Oregon but still found in Portland.

1 Like

Should I assume that you just aim for that text that says “pass”, or do you have a certain level/standard that you implement? I’m just curious

3 Likes