Who makes your favorite hydrocarbon extraction system. What makes it your favorite over others?

I use 10% dog hair in my adsorbent mix. Helps keep the haters out :+1:

12 Likes

Thats where it came from in the miner

I don’t doubt it. Definitely not my intentions. But my rescues need just about constant affection after being totally abused and thrown in a dumpster.

I do apologize

11 Likes

Self build with Chinese stainless steel and western valves and fittings
If I was in a place where dry ice is cheap I would run passive
I would have it build very modular
No piece longer than 24"
I would preffure larger diameter than length of tubes
I would use jackets over sleeves
I would make all lines 1/2" no matter wich one always easier to make em smaller than larger
I would double valve every important line keeping me from vacuuming down
The entire system
I would make it on a rack by simpler on and off system than the current clamps
I would have a lot of sight glasses and
Gauges (with vacuum reading)
My recovery line would be massive not a hose
My coils would be placed upside down
So all liquid trapped inside would flow out upon opening

22 Likes

I like passive a lot.

I’ve seen too many collapsed columns from too many companies to endorse the co2. All the way up to schedule 40 thickness with a regulator. Scary AF.

Chillers are cheaper than catastrophic failures IMO.

4 Likes

In the last few years, not sure when, BZB increased their thickness of the steel between the jacket and inside of the column. I have had masssssss pressure in the jacket with full vac on the inside of the column and never once had anything close to an implosion :man_shrugging: I have heard of earlier designs with thin walls collapsing under abuse. Been using their gear for almost 3 years now with no issues!

2 Likes

Yeah I think it’s 6mm thick.

5 Likes

That sounds right. I know some of their columns are 4 and 5 mm and they are not rated for LCO2.

2 Likes

Shit man i still find hairs feom my dog that died yrs ago, no apology needed. Props for the abused rescues getting a great home, its like out here oh to be a dog in Humbolt. My dog knew what cold cut sundays was we’d go to the deli and she’d pick a lb of meat and grub down

7 Likes

Chillers take longer to do what you want but they will do it. Maybe with more accuracy but def longer. Driving a BZB with LCO2 and maintaining temps where you want them is a bit of an art. Kind of like driving a 600+WHP manual transmission car. You can do a lot, REAL QUICK, but if you don’t know what you are doing you will end up making friends with the barrier on the side of the track real quick.

1 Like

Whoops wrong thread

If you use the right size chiller stuff just STAYS at temp for months on end if not years

No need to “get it to temp”

But potato potahto

1 Like

This^

I can find dry ice easily so it’s never an issue. That’s really the only downside is if you can’t

anyone that would leave an animal in dumpster needs to be done same way

Nah for real though let my gf run rescue here basically since we have the land for it now.

we have 6 dogs and 4 cats u tell me, I think she controls it

2 Likes

I really like bzb, iron fist and nboler. If I had a chunk of cash and needed certs. Etc. I would definitely go this route

That being said, I built my own 5lb set up out of Chinese parts. Got pieces from a ton of different places (including @Killa12345). I love running it and it functions how I had hoped. Definitely things I would change with what I know now (compression fittings instead if npt, a wall/rack mounted solvent cooling spool, jacketed spool instead of sleeved spool, Jacketed collection, tube in shell condensers instead of coils for my recovery lines, upgrade from 1/2” recovery lines to 3/4”-1” and other stuff that I’m sure I’m forgetting).

In conclusion, i would love to get a baller system from one of the guys above , but I can Comfortably say there is not a pre built system on the market that is within my budget that come come even close to the real world function of my custom un-certified non-asme passive setup.

15 Likes

If you have a chiller that stays at -30c and add 100% of the current volume at room temp, it will not “stay” at -30c instantly. It will take time for it to cool that volume that’s at room temp to -30c without passing -30c. Depends on heat transfer capacity of the chiller however no matter the chiller capacity at this scale it will not happen instantly.

2 Likes

I’ve seen 6mm collapse with a regulator.

I am basically half an electrician with all the classes I took and half of the apprenticeship, electricity still scares the shit out of me and I call co tractors instead of doing it myself.

Co2 cooling gives me that same scared af feeling. Not to say that it can’t be done it just sketches me out terribly and I’ve never put it in a lab I’ve built out for clients on purpose.

2 Likes

Reminds me when we released the “Canna Clamp”
Sold 1000 rosin presses with dog hair (housed 6 rescue dogs at my previous partners) basement was the business with a shipping center, cbd lab, and grow all segregated from the dogs. We made dog treats and they always tried to barge in.

4 Likes

I’m always moved by the amount of rescue love in the industry.

Proud rescue chihuahua owner here :dog:

2 Likes

I really like NB Oler. Love his CRC columns and have been to his shop in bend. I wish all the trappers could afford these instead of BVV or ED or OSS

I feel like the future of large scale certified equipment is automation. Repeatable processes.

2 Likes