Who makes your favorite hydrocarbon extraction system. What makes it your favorite over others?

This is gold

4 Likes

I didnā€™t know many makers before buying, but I got mine for a good price for just personal runs. I have an ABLAZE set up (passive closed loop, 45g capacity)

I really like it, especially for the price. I am positive this is not the model most use, as itā€™s probably too small, as well as only being passive, but it gets the job done

#5 is easily one of the most important. I laughed reading this, I donā€™t know many people besides me who did that

2 Likes

Do you feel that peer review certs and ASME stamp are important?

2 Likes

GREAT points to bring up!

1 Like

Do you worry about engineer certs?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been SEVERELY disappointed with the quality of gear coming from Overseas.

From generally shitty quality to downright unsafe.

The parent company of this one did a bunch of mfg in China in the late 90s to early 2000s. The horror stories and material swapping would make your head spin. And this was in a factory they built and staffed. It ended up being cheaper to make it all in Michigan.

But in a perfect world cheap stuff that is made to American standards would be ideal, we are just a ways off from that in my humble opinion.

Oh yeah and support America blah blah :us:

2 Likes

iExtractor

What types of volume are you running?

What do you like about the machine and company?

Exactly. Depends on how you like to drive!

1 Like

Dog friendly is most important imo

5 Likes

So Iā€™m assuming none of my customers mind seeing dog hair possibly in tape on the outside of their boxes coming from me as my dogs are constantly up in my shit while Iā€™m packing orders :joy::rofl::joy:

19 Likes

What system do you like to ā€œdriveā€

Well it helps that Iā€™m an engineer. I regularly vet suppliers and spec parts, so I know what to ask for.

1 Like

Bizzybee. I run at a very small scale for their systems (4"x42" material columns with about 25-30 Lbs chilled solvent capacity)

1 Like

You peer review your own systems? Do you do the site review as well?

2 Likes

What about the BZB system do you like?

1 Like

ā€œpeer reviewā€ and ā€œsite reviewā€ requirements vary by jurisdiction, so I donā€™t have enough information to answer your question. Do we perform peer reviews and site reviews? yes.

How modular it is. And passive is very quiet! LCO2 is much easier to use than dry ice slurries imo.They also seem to always be on the forefront of figuring out new tech and how to use it. Boris and his team are good olā€™ weed smoking peeps that have a taste for the best for the best!

5 Likes

If it was my personal money I would have gone with Killa due to his cost effectiveness but the BZB pays itself off pretty quick at scale. And fuck pump maintenance!!! Pumps are any easy source of contamination If not set up properly. I believe I was taught to use/maintain pumps incorrectly but feel like I would have more success with them now (due to learning so much on the BZB).

5 Likes