Who makes your favorite hydrocarbon extraction system. What makes it your favorite over others?

IF your market will bare it…

Lots of folks have made the mistake of scaling past their sales and fallen in their faces.

So #morehashfaster only gets you so far.

5 Likes

Did NOT have with ME. Period.

I’d remember loosing a $20k “sale”. Trust me.

2 Likes

Sure looks like you replied to warbucks, and even if you did reply to cyclo, it was obvious by just reading he’s ran one.

But you do you, who gives a shit if some internet person thinks your childish.

2 Likes

I prefer this motto

5 Likes

Yep. It would require re-reading your posts, and while I like the design choices you made on your extractor, the tone and attitude of your posts means that’s not actually worth my while.

You could absolutely have disagreed with “I think it can be managed with extant programming” without taking offense at “I think I can” or resorting to calling names.

In fact it would then have been the thoughtful discussion you claim to miss.

Instead you are coloring your responses with an interaction that you THINK I had with your partner and making and ass out of yourself in the process.

I did not offer said SOP. I do not recall being asked if I could teach it. I may have pointed your partner in the direction of someone who does have that SOP. I was not involved in a discussion on pricing.

The brush you are trying to paint me with simply doesn’t work. I’ve taught said consultants D8 process once upon a time. Spent a week learning it from another of his clients before doing so. Made sure the client who hired me was aware I was just following grandma’s recipe, and had in-house analytics before flying out there. They were more than happy with the results.

Your partner may have been introduced to me. I in no way solicited the sale of said SOP, or implied any relevant expertise other than 30 years in academic research labs following (and extending) the work others.

Now that you’ve made donkeys out of both of us, I’m gonna go find some grass.

9 Likes

Depends how you go about it.

leading with “LOL, you’ve clearly never done this” was a great start.

Guessing I’d never run one was ill informed given how long ago I bought the damn thing up around here.

It puts the Cannabis in the tube, & then it walks away again

And I kind of thought

Was a dead giveaway…

4 Likes

what’s the console for the luna like? I feel like that’s gonna be the future of the industry, console operated, pneumatic control valves, probably larger columns/vessels with 300 series flanges instead of tri-clamp

5 Likes

At some point when/if things get that big, how would the material columns be oriented?

Would people still be running these big ass columns vertically?

Silly question maybe, but just trying to imagine what a giant rig like that would look like.

1 Like

This is the hmi display. I just logged into the system on my phone so this is as it currently sits.

13 Likes

I would imagine flooding/soaking full vessels would be the way going forward, I doubt packed columns would be as viable at scale

at least as far as mids for the masses goes

2 Likes

Under powered at the moment. Needs more processing power to get more sophisticated. Have some opinions on what needs changed. Have shared those with those capable of changing them, and feel like I’m being heard.

Usually go though @thesk8nmidget because my comm style has occasionally set bridges on fire while I’m trying to collaborate on how to build them correctly. Whoops.

Wish I had video of their engineers wide eyes :eyes: for two hr straight during our in person interaction.

With me struggling to tone it the fuck down the entire time.

@Sirsmokesalot this brings back up “extant programming”, I absolutely admit that having watched their engineer understand as he was told in no uncertain terms how an automagic CRC should be plumbed and controlled, I tend to think of that as “near line” and part of the beta I will be running. I agree it’s NOT. yet.

It should be before OB1 is plugged into the (larger than stock) heater and chiller we are currently using on the IO (so yeah I had those pieces of the puzzle). Teaching it to thermo-regulate may not yet be on the short list, because there was a LOT of information downloaded, but it HAS been requested more than once. Thank you for the reminder. See: needs more CPU to extend much.

given the parts you know she’s got (temp/pressure/valves/pump) how would you implement “thermoregulation”?

Eg so she wouldn’t let your pour get too warm if you got distracted by your phone (we can haz her on our phone too!)?

You want me to agree she got warts? Sure. Why no audible notifications? Do I have to implement that myself? Maybe. playing red light/green light/hash! seems to work well enough at the moment. :shushing_face:

When someone tells me I can’t. My first response is ALWAYS to explore that.

These are the rules. This is the math. There are no other solutions.

Bollocks!

And I reckon you agree with that sentiment… Did I guess right?!?

So why am I a clown that has obviously never run a Luna, or a butane FFE, or made D9 using any of the SOPs I can have for free because those who actually know me are willing to share freely with me…because I do the same.

That’s how you learn new shit.

Would you like to take this nonsense elsewhere?

what would you have the title be?

“how to FFE your Luna and void your PE stamp in one easy lesson”.

Or it can stay right where it is. Because I’m certainly discussing my favorite rig and making excuses for why.

6 Likes

If you want to go number for number the only thing that truly matters is your cost per gram for bulk extracts or cost per gram of packaged and labeled single grams.

What’s your average costs to produce one gram of extract?

6 Likes

I would argue the ratio between wholesale price to retail versus cost to produce is more important, coupled with scale

5 Likes

Gotta keep it intergrated…

4 Likes

It absolutely is, so we have essentially designed our business model to be profitable at the lowest wholesale price and we’re so far quite successful, and as we bring more brands to market we can essentially increase our product margins by selling at multiple tiers of quality levels.
Currently everyone buying our stuff if getting mids or higher quality at bottom shelf prices and our customers couldn’t be happier.

8 Likes

even I can sell folks with those rules…nah seriously, I actually said exactly that to someone who asked me about hash only yesterday!

3 Likes

Its always about the numbers, they don’t lie.

4 Likes

If you mod your stamped machine and the PE isn’t there to see it before you remove the mod, is it really void?

4 Likes

All that really matters is if the insurance company writes the check if something bad happens. Everything is just CYA and liability mitigation.

1 Like

N.B.OLER out of Bend, Oregon