White and Powdery Full Melt: What's the Tek?

How bout one of these?

Could mod one and then have a non stick chute out of a bucket on the side.

=p

1 Like

I mean the thing is the white powdery full melt…isn’t dry sift. It’s bubble…freeze dried.

4 Likes

I found the old school grading system for bubble hash the other day (1-6*)

The internet rumors i read about 6* bubble hash/ice water hash claim (considered to be true full melt) it is so pure (nothing but 99.9% trichome heads) when dabbed correctly it completely disappears leaving NO residuals on the banger/nail.

I’m intrigued by the whole poof thing when dabbed like melt and gone. No mess. No ash. No residue?? No nothing?

If it’s true and a product like that can be made out of bubble/ice water wouldn’t it kind of make it the cleanest high and most natural potential concentrate you can get outta the plant?

But the thing is old school grading wouldn’t mean anything because old school grading is usually equated with smoking hash out of a hash pipe, not dabbing it.

But even when you dab good ice wax it leaves sort of a granulated texture on the banger that will come off with no iso and no mess after you swab like any other dab.

You’re pretty much explaining why people make rosin, honestly. Bubble hash with additional filtration and heat assist to go through the smaller filtration without forcing plant material

4 Likes

From what I read they tested the materials to be graded for “melt ability” on a heated flat surface. Didn’t say glass or metal. I think the grading system seems legit don’t think it relied on how it smoked/melted in a pipe… at least from what I read it seems like legitimate grading system based on the grounds of determining purity based on how well it melts and what is left behind.

The melt ability and the residue left = the quality the hash is.

High % trichome heads = more melty.

High % general contamination = more residuals.

To me it makes sense cause the old school hash rule was “if it doesn’t bubble it isn’t worth the trouble” which supports what the * rating system is representing, the higher the quality, the more bubbly and melty the hash should be.

Also I’m new to the world of extracts but doesn’t rosin use heat and pressure? And don’t both those forces destroy the trichomes to release the goodies they hold? Either by melting or rupturing them?

2 Likes

All the answers to your questions are contained within this wonderful site. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Take 6 star hash, squish it, below 100C, through a 50um filter.

Does it look or smell like you wrecked it?

The bit you removed? Can you describe it?

Did your 6 (on a scale of 1-5) become a 7?!?

Hint:

2 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

I truthfully wouldn’t know, I can’t buy 99.9% pure trichome heads to press from my understanding nobody can make them in purity on a large enough scale to justify selling it, so I either learn to make it myself or hold my peace with what I got.

I sure as heck can’t currently extract enough of them myself in purity to press out and if you did, why would you? It’s already the perfect hash…

What you’re asking is if altering rupturing/melting all the heads would change it?

Probably… to what though… I don’t know, I’d guess changes for the worse as the whole point of pressing is to further remove plant contamination and there should already be virtually none in 6*.

Ultimately you got me, I don’t know what happens to pure heads when you press them, all I can do is speculate.

If i ever develop the tek for isolating high concentrations of heads and purifying them, I’ll make a post to let you know how it presses out.

• to be clear 6* hash on the scale is considered to be pure heads, not pure trichomes, trichome stalks are considered contamination.

Trichomes are very much balloons full of goodies…but the balloon and the string are both non-target imo

4 Likes

You only want what’s in the balloon, the balloon is the target.

I also get that some cannabinoids and other goodies are produced in stalks, but blek, not much, it’s all in the balloon.

So maybe you’re onto something… pop the balloons and the goodies come out.

Guess the challenge is rounding up all the balloons, cutting their strings off and making sure there aren’t other uninvited guests…

3 Likes

This is literally what he just said…

5 Likes

1k word substitute…balloons and string…goodies gone.

Not squished. But clearly non-target.

4 Likes

Temperature must have something to do with the pliability of the husk

1 Like

looks familiar

2 Likes

I see more strings than balloons, rupturing occurs easily and is what I’m saying 6* hash prevents, target intact balloons, I have no idea how what you sent correlates to the conversation?

Not sure what you want me to learn at this point…

you seemed to have it here…

…and one can probably argue either way on

but the real key is about

in addition to those higher molecular wt waxes which you really don’t want to be huffing, one has presumably lost at least some of the more volatile of the solvents in which the cannabinoids were dissolved.

how to make great hash?!?

2 Likes

Check out John Berfelo’s (Johnny B’s) personal batch methods on YouTube. After dry screening he uses static electricity from parchment wrapped around a plastic CD case to pick up just the “fresh headies” and then brushes them off into a separate pile. His stuff is full-melt with no residue. There may be a way to scale up the static method using other equipment. I hope that helps give you a start.
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Trichome shaped trichome collector?

5 Likes

Maybe someone can enlighten me on a theory I have.

Post extracted biomass from bho seems to have a different “electrical charge” for lack of a better term. It’s easy to knock off the empty trichomes with a kief tumbler. No ice or cold temps required. Is this a static phenomenon?

Sorry if it’s off topic lol