Whats the real deal with Magnesol XL? CA prop 65?

Whats up with Magnesol XL? I can’t seem to find a detailed description of it anywhere. And the sites that sell it won’t ship to CA because of prop 65… Starting to think you just get what you pay on this one. No cheap alternative to MagSil. Am I wrong?

You need to find a dealer that has less than 9 employees. Maybe @Killa12345 can help you

4 Likes

Magsil PR is the shit, it’s the best for PR and chromatography (I wouldn’t use it in CRC)

2 Likes

@FRESHcoastextracts ran some disty through a crc that had magsil pr in it and it remediated 7/8 pesties the sample was hot for.

6 Likes

Ah! Thank you! I guess I thought MagSil and Magnasol XL were more similar in function.
Since we’re an all organic farm I have no need for pesticide removal.
Not using MagSil will increase profit margins as well. Thank you!

Magsil grabs terpenes so yea unless you want to remove pesticides in CRC or by doing chromatography then dont use it.

Silica is a better alternative that wont grab terpenes if you want to do CRC on some bomb material and keep the terpenes

2 Likes

Awesome brotha thank you.
I think from top to bottom I’m gonna run
DE
AA
Silica
T-5
5μm filter
Start at low quantities of each on 1# runs and work up until I see results I want.
Unless theres a standard ratio of media:biomass already?
Is 5μm enough? Too much?

I use filter paper but I put a 5 micron welded filter plate below to catch anything that makes it though the paper.

It’s a just in case type thing

@Krative taught me CRC, hes a smart dude

3 Likes

Awesome thank you.
I just wanna be sure I’m not getting any of the powders in the final product.
Trying to find a 3" 5μm sintered disk that isn’t on back order! Haha

1 Like

But 5 micron is ok as far as flow goes huh?
I’m running passive with N-Tane.

I run a 70/30 no propane n butane and push through at 90 psi no problem with no nitrogen assist

Ah, yeah, you got a higher psi with propane…
Hmmm… I just dont wanna block it up my first run… I have a bypass set up if I do though…
More research required! Ha

Do you run warm?

Ha, There’s a thread on micron sizing, paper filters n sintered disks.
Called Crc issues.
Gonna read that

1 Like

I dont chill my tank, I use my recovery pump to apply pressure on my tank to push the butane through.

I use a dry ice column and 2 50’ coils inline to chill my solvent

3 Likes

I run cold even though it fucks flow, I hate fats

2 Likes

You could run warm and crc then dewax, that would be optimal

I just don’t use magnesol. Too many unknowns. Not standardized. Doesn’t grab the colors I need it to grab.

1 Like

Yeah, doesn’t seem like its gonna make it in the final SOP, ha.

Actually you should dewax first, then run through the crc, it’s better yet if you can have two dewax vessels and put b80 in the second vessel and stall the solution of n the b80 and then filter through Celite. The powders work better if the solvent is warm and if the solvent doesn’t have to fight the fats and lipids for exposure to the powders. They also work better with a longer exposure time.

2 Likes