Whats the real deal with Magnesol XL? CA prop 65?

Definitely, I’m running through a dewax column with ss mesh in it. I hadn’t thought of the temp of the solvent through the powders though…
Seems like I may save some time and headache if I run my biomass cold and get nicely dewaxed shatter as usual. Then redissolve my slabs in a “warm” solution through a crc…
Right?
Or will room temp solvent still dewax well enough if the biomass is at cryo?

Redisolving and pushing through a column definitely works, you still would be better to stall it with adasorbents, it allows you to use less powder and it makes the powder you use more effective.

2 Likes

I redissolve my stuff. Run cold and fast. The. Dissolve in a jacketed column and heat it up.
I don’t let it stall and have zero issues. The only thing I’ve noticed that could be potentially a problem is I freeze my “crude” and I notice moister gets on it while transferring to the column

2 Likes

Mass transfer ftw! A bit of heat & agitation during a stall is how I do it, and imo is the most promising method to scale this whole decolorizing process (not much different than standard bleaching operations in oils/fats industry) I save the column work for LPG based chromatography.

2 Likes

Ive got a 40lb box for sale cheap. DM me

So chilled solvent into chilled material into chilled dewax into 2nd dewax column with medias, stall to warm and soak media/s then slowly to collection? I may have completely misunderstood so please feel free to laugh and correct. Thank you :v:

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds like what we believe is the optimal way right now somewhere @Waxplug1 mentions an idea that him and @dred_pirate came up with about bottom flooding that second dewax with the adsorbnts

3 Likes

That’s pretty much my sop, if your trying to remediate a slab that was already dewaxed their is no need to dewax again, you can run the Dissolved material straight into the chamber with the adsorbents to stall. If your running inline with a short column filled with adaorbents make sure to ease the solvents through the adaorbents, the slower the better.

3 Likes