What would cause a mantle to heat past set temp and burn? Terry from lanphan

So this whole thing has been a huge headache. He is trying to help me but is not accepting the fact that this mantle is just malfunctioning. It keeps overshooting and alarms keep going off. He has me change settings. Same shit. This isnt my first mantle so it’s frustrating to know this is broken when they won’t believe me. This thing is gonna catch fire and they just want me to keep changing P.I.D settings. I have sent them videos of everything he requested and I’m just going in circles now. It’s been multiple days.
I paid with PayPal so I guess that’s my next step.

By the way this was all through Terry from lanphan. I don’t recommend their mantles. If this experience says anything about their other products…

I got my mantle fried exactly same way i bought from them .

2 Likes

Really what did they do?

Check u pm

1 Like

He just suggested I touch a 148c sleeve of the mantle to see if my temp gun is working because that’s what I’m using to show him temps in the videos Lol wtf. He wanted to make sure it “good and accurate”. I’m utterly blown away. PayPal case is now open

2 Likes

Did it have a black plug you insert into the BF probe port for burn in?

1 Like

They must do that at usalabs before selling. I have 1x 5l and 2x 2l mantles. All have stickers that say “tested”, and just the normal power plug and temp probe plug.

1 Like

@Terry_Manager

Hopefully gets this taken care of here or will publicly be shamed

4 Likes

Ill be watching this closely, i spent 5000 on a 100 liter reactor from terry and they couldnt even send me the correct connections to hook it up, i literally had to make them… yea i got some storys on terry and lanphan. Ill mostlikely make a post depending on how terry handles this.

4 Likes

it sounds like its not getting the thermocouple input. if you place the TC directly against the heater element itself does it sense the heat?

Yes it has the sensor and I did use it

1 Like

They want me to send it back. I don’t have time for that. I will be buying a mantle local. As for Terry, I opened a PayPal dispute.

1 Like

It’s inaccurate with the probe at tc

1 Like

Cant hear it but you can see the alarm icon in the screen

Damn. Your the third member that has told me they have had issues with Terry. The other said his mantle did the exact same thing and he had to throw a fit through posts to finally get a replacement (which he said does the same thing)

If you guys would like any of the dozens videos of it scrrwimg up I can post them. By the way. He said if I can send him videos of it messing up he would send new one. Well I sent every video and picture requested and now he wants me to ship it back for repair and he won’t keep his word. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH LANPHAN OR TERRY. Please save your time.

2 Likes

Great…I just paid $2700 on alibaba for a rotary evaporator through Terry…he seems like a solid dude and has been very thorough, now I’m worried. He better fix this for you, clearly the digital screen is malfunctioning or it’s shorting out

2 Likes

So he made me take videos for a replacement and then didn’t keep his word.

1 Like