New upcoming spd here

It’s hard to tell from the pic, but how’s the gap between your flask and mantle? I set mine in the mantle today (possibly going to be able to try a dry run tomorrow) and the gap looks a bit large… Here’s a pic below for reference.

4 Likes

is that the lanphan mantle?

1 Like

Supposedly Lab1st, but it looks identical to the Lanphan mantle.

ya lab1st is all resold lanphan/touchscience. how much did you pay for yours? mine from lanphan was 250 shipped

1 Like

I paid $600 after shipping, but I happened to get the funding to start ordering equipment the day before CNY. So I ended up having to order everything domestic so I didn’t have to wait till mid-March to start cranking out product. Just read a thread about a Lanphan mantle that looks like a lemon with very little support from them, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that’s not the case with mine. Reading up on pre-baking them before use now.

1 Like

Good luck. I’m not having any.

1 Like

yeah that would suck - one thing thats good is having the manager able to reply instantly and offer support via wechat.

i’m sure if you ordered right before CNY you would have been good -i ordered a 5L roto and chiller from them on the 5th (literally days before cny was due to start) and they already shipped it out and it’s due to arrive on the 22nd. They work quick and their technicians will prepare orders for immediate shipment/manufacturing during holiday hours.

3 Likes

Holy fuck…:expressionless:

2 Likes

Fuck that Terry is useless. I’m literally thinking about making a thread with pics of our conversation. If it’s not a simple P.I.D adjustment your screwed.

2 Likes

When you burn it in be on top of it with a secondary thermometer not from him. The mantle overshot so bad it burned my insulating rope and left char on the bottom of the outside of my new Rocco boiling flask that I can’t for the life of me get off.

5 Likes

I only had it set to 30°c and it was at 25°c and it was smoking and burning. The alarm went off on the mantle. I shut off power and removed Bf as fast as possible and by the time I grabbed my temp gun the mantle was cooling down and was at 121°c

2 Likes

Mines a tight fit.

2 Likes

Ive read somewhere that you can use the fireplace insulating rope to fill the gap when putting a 2l BF in a 5l mantle…

For burn in did yalls mantle come with a black plug that goes into the BF probe port?
why was the BF in the mantle during burn in, my instuctions were vague so i did it without the BF in, and used the plug which makes the mantle use an internal sensor to determine temp.
Mine is usa labs, this is the plug

2 Likes

I postwd this in terpins thread as well.

My 2l mantle set to 40, shot up to 75. WTF china garbage! I even turned it down to 25, and still was going up and up.

3 Likes

Where is your thermocouple controlling the heater located at

2 Likes

In the bf with thw crude

2 Likes

Honestly the thermocouple in the RBF does not an accurate up to date reading of the temp - try plugging the thermocouple with the black adapter so it reads from the mantle sleeve

2 Likes

There is NO black adapter

Unless im not understanding what your asking

1 Like

can you wedge the controlling TC between the boiling flask glass and the fiberglass sleeve of the mantle? in the flask temp should be used for measurement purposes not controlling of the mantle

3 Likes

it should have come with your mantle. you plug it into the thermocouple input on the mantle.

2 Likes