What would cause a mantle to heat past set temp and burn? Terry from lanphan

Fixed

I turned on my 1l mantle to heat up thencrude to transfer to my 2l setup. I set it to 30c, fn sheet went to 59c. I quickly turned it off

1 Like

Was this a LANPHAN model?

Damn sorry to hear that happened to you. Hope only that the piece of shit mantle was the only casualty of their poor quality control.

Honestly I had my doubts about Terry when he publicly threw a tantrum on this forum over some random guy mentioning future4200 through Alibaba - which I did not understand at all because what do they care as long as they are getting business. The whole fight club discount thing was such a meme in my eyes considering what was being sold on his end was just some boring lab equipment.
But curiosity and low prices got the best of me. If my $200 something dollar mantle fails iā€™m ok with that but I bought a chiller and 5L rotovap which is bound to arrive soon and if those fail like the mantle then thatā€™s a really big L

1 Like

So it charred the outside of the bottom of my brand new Rocco 5L boiling flask. I CANNOT for the life of me get it off. It also burned my insulating rope

1 Like

jesus christ, well I guess the silver lining is that you didnā€™t burn any crude I guess.

Indeed

If you paid by card you can dispute it, was it through alibaba?

1 Like

No it was just through email. I paid via PayPal though

Yes it was through Alibaba. Terry first asked to do T/T or Western Union but I didnā€™t take the bait

1 Like

Sorry thought that was directed to me

Be happy you didnā€™t. He tried to do the same shit with me but I refused unless it was PayPal.

Alibaba is like ebay ive disputed bad items and gotten full refunds with shipping included. Wont get terrifs back though

1 Like

but youre saying you did connect the thermocouple to that port and rested inside the heater and ran it?

Yes the thermoprobe was what was plugged in originally when I noticed it was messing up the fist time.
After I plugged in thermocouple and same thing

ok but the probe was then rested inside the heater as well, ie it was directly touching the fabric heating mantle sleeve? sorry i dont mean to be annoying just trying to see where the issue may lie. i would certainly want a refund or a new unit sent ASAP. sounds like the unit is defective at gathering the proper temperature. whether is the plug, or a problem in the circuit board i dont know. @Terry_Manager should ship a new one asap and arrange to have the old one picked up. I wouldnt settle for (ship me that one ill fix it and send it back) which would take a month at least going back and forth from china.

1 Like

Is @Terry_Manager related to lanphan ?

3 Likes

Yes i have just left the probe inside the sleeve resting and same results. Not being annoying. I get it. These are along the same questions I have been answering with him to troubleshoot since sunday

That is the LANPHAN manager, that is correct. And unfortunately once he responds to this thread, I canā€™t anymore. PayPal has told me Iā€™m not allowed any contact with him until dispute is settled. So once he chimes in I canā€™t. Although I can answer any and all questions from you guys at that point through dm

Paypal might try and make you ship it back, theyre shitty like that.