What strains are you currently hunting for a keeper?

I currently run a few accident seeds. I just got them from friends who did the testing themselves. I’m honestly just to nervous to try and run my own accident beans.

I just found some old buds I hand pollinated that had been hang drying in a closet for 7 years. I just cleaned them for the seeds. I could still tell the SSSDH and Jack Herer from the smell, but the Black Widow lost it’s smell and flavor. I vaped some Black Widow, and it got me high.

I can’t remember what strains of male I used to pollinate…all I have is color coded pipe cleaners and some wire that was wrapped around the branches.

I need to pop some of these to see if they are still viable.

9 Likes

Dude!! Awesome

if you want some help popping them, I have some room :wink::rofl:

4 Likes

Exactly!

Those are nice seed packs!

1 Like

Anybody still growing SLH from greenhouse? Still to this day that was one of my favorite plants I’ve ever grown… Lost it a few years ago when I shut down from a spider mite infestation and never got around to buying more seeds of it.

4 Likes

Anyone want to go in on a genetics facility specifically focused on bringing back old strains that have been lost? All weed smells damn near the same now a days :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I have to completely disagree. I’ve never before smelled more significantly different varieties than I have in the last two years.

3 Likes

Were you around 10+ years ago? Not trying to sound like a dick.

A lot of strains stopped being grown because of their yield. When’s the last time anyone had weed that actually smelled like a skunk on the side of the road? Or that captivating pine scent that made you feel like you were in a forest. There’s some new interesting varieties with new smells but nothing like it used to be

10 Likes

My cheese smells like super dank feet.

My chaos strain has a citrus smell.

My strawberries n cream smells like a fresh box of fruity pebbles cereal

My gg4 smells like fuel

Cherry pie smells like dr. Pepper

I have 10+ other strains, all with different notes.

Using certain chem additives can make all your strains smell the same. Terpinator is one of them.

9 Likes

I just had some Evil Monkey that had some insane skunk aroma. 10 years ago all I could find on my side was Haze, Sour, and Kush. Today, my connect hardly even gets repeat strains. Maybe months apart, but every two weeks it’s a new batch of 10+ new flavors and they’re always badass. I’ll take today’s herb over the previous decades’.

2 Likes

Freebies are some the best I’ve ever gotten…

I have some elite seeds from a pal that he’s been storing for ages in freezer.

A bunch chemdawg crosses, some cherrydawg. Was elite shit. I need to find a cutting source for elite cuttings. We need to get some kind trade system going for clones, and seeds

8 Likes

Yesh!!!

7 Likes

Black D.O.G ( h.s.o I think), another freebie that was prized in my collection when I was growing.

Ahhh memories… Good times, I was mediocre grower at best. Would love to see what yall could do w this.

Tasted and smelled just like grapes. Even the extract! Grape skunk

14 Likes

Gotta love that bag seed! The True OG I just started came from a very seeded pound, apparently the growers field got pollinated that yr from a neighboring farm… The one strain I wish I could find is the official NY Purple Haze but I’m not sure if that exists in the mainstream anymore.

2 Likes

Curious how you guys go about pheno hunting? I’ve got 45 seeds going now, lets say half that after I cull males. How would you guys grow them out, one pheno per table or mixed tables? I’ll be running 9 lights this run and scrogging.

Heres how I personally do it.

I pop 10 seeds per strain.

Grow big enough to take a clone. Put the clone in cloner, up pot original seed plant. Wait 2 weeks and flip.
Kill off all males
Run the 10 or what’s left after sexing
Pick the best 2
Run those 2 once more.
Pick winner from that.

Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

16 Likes

same process i use!!

5 Likes

YES, 100% correct man!!

3 Likes

My freebie Chernobyl had an amazing smell and flavor…like a citrus cleaning product. Crazy bubble hash. It wasn’t the best yielding plant. Here is a picture of it in the garden.

I lost it a few years ago. I bought a couple packs of Chernobyl, but haven’t found a similar pheno.

I figured out what males I was using 7 years ago. There was a DJ Short blueberry , a Tom hill Deep Chunk , a black widow, a Norther Lights , and one of my crosses C4

Anyway, while digging through seeds trying to figure out what males I used I found these. Looks like I have an appointment.

The black widow male also produced one female flower, and I have the seed from that. Is masculinzed a thing?

I have more than I can use. I’m willing to share, as long as you are willing to share any keepers you find.

8 Likes