What ratio do I use to stop cbd crystallization?

I’m not going to be doing this on a large scale. I only have a gram of the diamonds to work with and plan on making one .5ml cart for to start with. I will be using hemp distillate and about 150mg of diamonds. That tiny amount of diamonds should melt down relatively fast.

I was hoping to make a mixture with a higher ratio of CBD as I don’t do well with high doses of THC.

Edit: Changed the 50ml to .5ml.

50ml?

That’s 50 vape carts in one. I think your terms are wrong

At that scale it may be easier to weigh your diamonds before decarb…

Theory says THCa => thc = 0.877 of original mass.

So (0.877 x) 150mg diamonds to (0.86 x) 150mg cbd distillate is gonna be pretty damn close to 1:1 (or 50:50) which should absolutely not crystallize on you.

Given your preference for CDB dominant, you might want to push that closer to 60:40.

Above that you’re absolutely correct…

If you come back with your findings, we all win.

1 Like

Sounds like you need to design and carry out an experiment.

2 Likes

I finally made the carts.

.5ml CBD distillate + 500mg of diamonds + .1ml terpenes

2 Likes

Did they start crystallizing?

Nope. Not at all.

They shouldnt at 50%

The hemp distillate was around 86% total cannabinoids

Your carts are around 50% based on the recipe you followed…

1 Like

50% total cannabinoids?

How is that possible if the 500mgs of diamonds was/is almost pure THCa/D9 THC

At 50% CBD (or below) it should not crystallize

You have confirmed this for yourself experimentally. By making carts where the ratio of your cannabinoids is 1:1 (or 50:50).

You are correct that they are not quite 50% CBD. I would put them closer to 43% given the 86% CBD you cut 1:1

Are we on the same page?!?

Edit: Whoops. You also added 10% (!?!) “terpenes”.

Which brings you down to just below 40% CBD

1 Like

I combined 50% cbd and 50% cbg isolate and it crystallized, so i dont think the 60% cbd rule works for all mixtures.
Ive combined 50/50 thc and cbd before and it didnt crystallize

Are you sure it was the CBD that crystallized?

I haven’t gotten to play with any cbg biomass, but my understanding is that cbg is very easy to crystallize

Edit: Chances are both Cannabinoids did, as once the CBG starts dropping out, the %CBD goes up…

Im not sure, but it for sure wouldnt work for carts.
Its completly solid, it breaks off in chunks.
If 50% of it crystallized (cbg) and the cbd didnt, wouldnt it be kinda slushy like?

Edit. Oh that makes sense, the cbg crashing out would bring the cbd percentage really quick

1 Like

CBGa?

Yeah, as I processed the CBG dropping out, it became apparent that the CBD would follow…and they would likely take turns till mostly solid…

Edit: discussion continued over here: What ratio do I use to stop CBG crystallization?

I am talking total Cannabinoids, not just CBD. Or should I not worry about anything other than the CBD…as that’s what it seems like since you haven’t acknowledged my comment about the diamonds.

Oh boy…
Let me start with I mean absolutely no disrespect.

1. which part is precipitating? the THC?

No, THC does not crystallize! THCA does, but you decarbed it, so it si no longer part of the problem.

1. what is the title of the thread?

2. remember the FIRST responce you got?

so percentace CBD is what everybody else is looking at.

@Demontrich saw my math (50:50) and the diamonds, and ran with it.

your total cannabinoids are in the 75-80% range** if your testing data was on point.

** while your cannabinoids are very close to 1:1, there are a couple of places where we have volume and need mass, so I’m taking minor liberties with guestimates on density.

1 Like

https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlehtml/2019/ce/c9ce00755e

But what about the electricity?