What ratio do I use to stop CBG crystallization?

I want to make some CBG carts cut with cbd and terps.
I mixed 50/50 cbg/cbd and it crystallized over night.
It was rock hard and broke off in chunks.
I know cbd is 60% or less to get to not crystallize.
What is cbgs magic number? Seems like it crystallizes really easy compared to cbd.

Im going to be going down two routes, one with a mix of a blend of thcs (d8,d9,d10,etc), cbd, cbg, and terps.
And the other i want to keep compliant to ship and just do cbg, cbd and terps.
I 100% do not want to use any sort of cut, i want to keep it all cannabis derived

2 Likes

i have some 50/50 carts on my shelf right now and they didn’t crystallize

Any terps added?

yes at 6%

50/50 CBG/and what??

CBD distillate ~91%

Really?? And no crystallization?!

they have been stable since friday when i made them

Wow that’s awesome… Do you know what’s preventing the crystallization? Like did you mess with the pH at all or anything? Just surprises me that you are at like 70-80% CBD+CBG and they aren’t crystallizing. That’s strange, is it not?

3 Likes

Nope i did nothing else to them

1 Like

Very interesting. I wonder what’s stopping them :thinking:

This was my first attempt at making a CBG + anything cart so your guess is as good as mine. I initially made 1 1ml in a generic CCELL to see if it would stay in solution or not, was mildly surprised that it did. Shrugged my shoulders and made a couple to gauge market response with the qcell half mls i use for production. Terpenes were hemp derived “Lifter” terpenes. I weighed out the respective distillates into a beaker and heated/stirred on a mag stir, then added the terpenes, removed from heat and filled with a glass 1ml syringe. I don’t know what if any of this information is useful

2 Likes

Well thanks for sharing the process. Nothing crazy at all, sounds pretty standard. And only 6% terps… I’d say if you can produce those consistently with no crystallization issues, you could make a pretty penny on them, my friend.

Have you used the carts yet? a lot of the times carts will stay good until they are heated and cooled multiple times. Then they crash out

the ccell cart that i made first has been used several times

1 Like

I‘m sorry to revive this old thread, but were you able to make any cart trials with CBG/CBD/D9/D8 yet and am willing to share your findings? Are you using CBG distillate or isolate?

2 Likes

Bumping Thread

Anyone else had any luck with this?

I have 90% CBD distillate and looking to remove the cart crystallisation problem by adding 99% CBG Isolate to the distillate to dilute the CBD underneath 60%

If each respective cannabinoid was under 55%, theoretically there shouldn’t be any crashing right?

Eg. 10/60/30 Terps/CBD/CBG which results in 54% total CBD + 29.7% total CBG.

Thoughts?

No crystal resistant distillate answers.

Any help or shared experiences is much appreciated.

U need cbc or cdt to dilute it out, adding cbg to reduce ur cbd content below 60% does not work from my experience.
Cbg loves to crystalize at purities lower than 60%.
My guess is the cutoff is around 45% but just a guess from seeing how adding cbg affected the mixes i tried.
Adding 15% cbc was the solution for me it does raise ur per cart price but u dont have to worry about customers going with a cheap cut cart alternative.

6 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

That seems to be the common consensus!

I think I will organise samples of each, do some testing myself as well and report the results back to this thread to hopefully clear up any questions for people in the same boat.