What qualities make RSO "good"

I use a harbor freight funnel from the funnel packs that are sold for gasoline usage because they’re PTFE.

I clean out the funnel with 70% iso and I use a gasket filter. Everything gets cleaned with iso beforehand and everything gets cleaned with iso afterwards.

Yeah but smoke isn’t good for your gut either. I’ve been taking probiotics this year because I learned how important it is to take care of your gut flora.

1 Like

RSO is crude. I don’t often agree with Elliot, but RSO is cheap garbage often sold for exorbitant prices to cancer patients.

Cost of crude is a dollar a gram at best these days. Ya’ll fleecing cancer patients

5 Likes

If you’ve got smoke in your gut, I’d stop boofing it. That’s my choice tho

1 Like

Anybody done any tests(lab data) on oil infusion rather than etoh extraction?

I’ve done a few batches of decarbed sugar leaf trim infused into organic sunflower oil. Shit definitely gets you high, both consumed as straight oil and used in baked goods but anecdotal evidence is obv. not science.

Method is:
decarb @ 180 for 2 hours
soak decarbed material in sunflower oil at ~140f for 18 hours
drain/squeeze via cheesecloth to separate particulate from oil

consume via medicine dropper

Is this going to pull significantly less than an etoh extraction? I started using this method because etoh is just more of a hassle to deal with and I don’t have an etoh pro

1 Like

yep.

https://www.cannabis-med.org/data/pdf/en_2013_01_1.pdf

@batsona has posted methodology as well. check out (for instance)

Strain-specific infused oil production demo
and

Data: potent & efficient lipid infusions via percolation (21 g batches)

what makes you think 140f for 18hrs won’t effect full decarb?
(doest thou grok “testable hypothesis”?)

that’s a great place to be imo… not a fan.

@Graywolf’s review not-withstanding.

3 Likes

What, you never burp a couple minutes after a sesh and see a lil smoke come out?

1 Like

ive done it to a stripper

I know we’re talking cannabis smoke but smoke of any kind will effect your gut and digestive system.

Cannabis smoke even though the effects of cannabis being beneficial, the smoke is still a carcinogen.

You can smoke a bong with 20 percolating filters, have as many attachments as you want, hell have a bong that has 10 ft worth of percolating filter attachments and you’ll still be getting carcinogens in your gut and lungs.

I’d love to try a 1gr rso suppository :sweat_smile: I’d be down to boof an rso suppository

1 Like

“It’s not the nicotine that kills, it’s the smoookeee”

if i mention it my wook will boof a gummy. Is there such a thing as a cbd mentual gummy vag suppository? I may like selling to that crowd because women my age are becoming post menstrual. All that drama.

As far as vaginal use, that is not a location one should Introduce sugar…why?

By all means tell your wook to stuff it up his ass.

3 Likes

will gummies solidify with vinegar?

:man_facepalming:

Uh huh

That’s true, a lot of those crude extracts are the true full spectrum while the products advertised on the market as such are not.

1 Like

yeah, so what the hell IS full spectrum and which of the many constituents is actually performing the anti-cancer function so often attributed to “RSO”?

There are whole bunch of chemicals in cannabis that are NOT cannabinoids, and there is still (an outside) possibility that it’s not actually the cannabinoids that are responsible.

@CallipygianDabs isn’t a fan of search links, but I think this one is informative…

Search results for 'constituents of cannabis' - Future4200 definitely stuff there worth reading if you wanna know what’s in your weed.

I didn’t find the RECENT data I was looking for (I know it’s here too), so I asked the all knowing one instead:

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=constituents+of+cannabis&as_ylo=2021

Constituents of Cannabis sativa | SpringerLink is unfortunately not yet available via Sci-Hub :unamused:

8 Likes

Bumping

1 Like

bumping again

With the buzz around acidic cannabinoids. It seems pentane in a soxhlet would be the way to go as long as you know your grower. I hate to imagine what all else you could concentrate at that low a temp.

Anyone do tests on different strains?
I’m an rso user. Got off all meds. Bad pain still here. Mind over matter don’t cut it.
Sleep is my most sought after qualities. When first starting I would higher than hell, relax, watch movie or two. Totally opposite of norm. Family likes muchly….
I’m a two or three gram rso. The thick dark stuff works the best. If it’s runny it don’t work much.
I’m interested in the cbn and potency strains so I can use less rso.

1 Like