What kind of SOPs does the community need/want? I'll be writing them and posting here and to my blog

an SOP to make medicated drinks

with a recipe too not just theory

11 Likes

Terpene separation from biomass/ hte

6 Likes

I have a method for this and I’m actually designing equipment that uses heated nitrogen to distill the terps and dry the material at the same time. That will be a little farther in the future but definitely want to release that as its not something I’ve heard alot of people talk about, but I know people need pre solvent terp extraction and drying, and none of the methods for terpene distillation so far achieve drying and terp removal at the same time while still giving usable terps.

10 Likes

Here’s the fire hazard reduction checklist as promised. Please let me know if there’s anything I haven’t thought of that needs to be added. This is going to be the start of many safety oriented guidelines and procedure articles.

https://www.grmlabs.com/blog/laboratory-fire-hazard-reduction-amp-prevention

8 Likes

Let’s talk cat litter or maybe Oil Dri. My understanding is that many miscible solvents such as ethanol are better served by dilution with water to the point that they’re below the flammability threshold rather than absorption. Anybody have an opinion?

4 Likes

As a firefighter certified in HazMat First Responder Operations, you’re absolutely correct when it comes to ethanol. The kitty litter would still be flammable and just have ethanol absorbed into it. Other than this though you want to properly dispose of the material so absorbent and safe handling are preferred for just about anything else.

11 Likes

would the kitty litter be counter productive in the sense it increase surface area? ultimately increasing the amount of vapor being released? genuinely curious, ive always kept kitty liter but if there are safer, superior methods im all ears

1 Like

Dude, you’re fuckin awesome!

We had our state inspection from CDPH last week and they were particular on our cleaning SOP, and SOP on cleaning if pesticide contaminants were detected.

Not sure if the SOP would be different…? Also, our local jurisdiction doesn’t want us using iso-propyl to clean so we suggested d-limonene. Any organic cleaning sop.

Failed batch remediation, and batch recall sop would be basic ones like you requested.

6 Likes

Greetings
Been creeping around future4200 for about a year. I operate a small hemp processing lab in Pennsylvania. I started with, of all things, a Summit Research Pig filter system. Mostly sediment filtering but then, for large-scale winterizing. By including absorption / filtering media, I was able to improve the pigs usefulness and efficiency. As mentioned by @GreenMachine_Consult for newbie SOP, Tek. I offer a simple solution to help anyone with a Pig filter.

Load pig with a 3 m paper
Mix
1 Cup carbon
1 Cup DE
in a 5 gal bucket of alcohol / ethanol
Then pump into Pig to create a layer, similar to what we do with the buckners.
Run your run your ethanol extracted material, chilled, through that.
It works well for a first pass, large-scale winterizing ( on a budget ).
Average 100 gallons an hour.

I Hope this help’s someone, as reading and searching on future4200 has help me.
CHEERS

12 Likes

I’m actually building filter papers with media inlaid into them. They’re 85 percent media 15 percent borosilicate fiber. Going to make them to fit the pig filter and circular disks for buchner funnels as well :grin: I have a frame and plate filter and never thought of just sending a media slurry through first. Super inventive and helpful! Thank you!

4 Likes

Link up with Hayes filters they got them made already could give insight @Filterman9

4 Likes

That’s who I’m working on it with! They’re filtration geniuses

4 Likes

Great people & company forsure! Love Greg he always calls when any of my clients are in need

3 Likes

I have a “water soluble” cannabinoid process that I am willing to part with.

13 Likes

Do you want to share it with the public or offering it for sale? Lots of people working on water solubility right now.

3 Likes

Just make micelles with bile salts it’s extremely cheap and easy. Hotplate and a few bucks for the cholic acid, use gum Arabic to stabilize depending on the acidity and other preservation methods.

18 Likes

please can you write sop for distillation procedure on 20 ltr short path

I sure can! I’ll do it some time this week and reply here for you to see when it’s posted.

8 Likes

ty I would really appreciate it

any idea when you will be putting up sop for short path