Horizontal columns

I almost have the $180 it’ll cost me to to outfit my Hobart mig with 308 wire and helium shield gas. To fix things like this.

I’ll experiment with scrap first. I’ve welded carbon steel air tanks so I think I can get it done. But I have to do some studying on how to prep for stainless and post treatment.

I only say this because it would be elevated temps and low pressure…

You could use them as shells for shell and tube heat exchangers/FFE solvent recovery. Not ideal, but certainly a better use than scrap.

3 Likes

Gopeds were awesome, first experience in modification and fabrication as a kid.

5 Likes

Same. Mine was named ruth. Idk why dumb name. I had the k&n intake, a pipe, hp carb, cool head for the cylinder, upgraded spindle, timing key, hp fan and even was known to rubber band a lunchbox ice pack to my intake bahahahha!

1 Like

Nice, yes that same mindset of trying to squeeze another .1hp or a few pounds of torque is the same as trying to increase performance on extraction and distillation equipment, squeezing as much efficiency and speed as possible

2 Likes

Need some scrap? I will send you some to practice on if you pay for the postage, I can pack it in a flat rate box.

For prep you can grind the metal with zirconia abrasives, avoid using steel tools with stainless or tools that worked with steel in the past. Make sure you learn how to use your shielding gas for back purging the weld. You will have to learn how to manage your heat, overheat the stainless and you can run into carbide precipitation (grey ghost/ icicles).

4 Likes

where, geo-spacially, these columns be?

'cause @GreenMachine_Consult be playing with the terp strippin as suggested above.

see: What kind of SOPs does the community need/want? I'll be writing them and posting here and to my blog - #23 by GreenMachine_Consult

1 Like

I went there first.
but implosions have always seemed friendlier :upside_down_face:

1 Like

will some one tell that to china?
please?!?

this too while we’re at it…

2 Likes

Dude, i seriously just got a Goped a few days ago from @GreenMachine_Consult, lmao

Gonna rebuild it :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

I think we need a GLG goped gang

3 Likes

you should see the electric scooter that @indofab got! It goes 60mph, I did 60 on it yesterday my knees were weak after I got off that thing!

2 Likes

With a puffco mount and goped dab kit saddle bag? :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Lol what a trip

Is it the 2 wheel drive one? My homie has a off road 2 wheel drive full suspension e scooter that does 65.
Ripping down the strand gets me dirty looks but fuck em haha

2 Likes

Hi,
yeah, it has dem’ dual moters in der’. The handlebar is the worst part, it feels too flimsy for something that goes that fast.

2 Likes

I agree 1000% those handle bars are janky. I think theyre called dualtrons

1 Like

It’s a bit rough, got the dirt tires,
Im going to fully rebuild and jack up the 23cc, or swap out maybe
Can’t wait to get started

2 Likes

Internal combustion style

1 Like

Youre missing the billet swirly pipes

1 Like