Horizontal columns

Has anyone tried it?

Why tho

3 Likes

Because id be able to stack like ten of them…in a smaller area.

4 Likes

Be hard to fill evenly unless you were soaking

2 Likes

I think horizontal and vertical tubes would yield the same tho…

Maybe if you had them tilted diwn the opposite if tour injection line, it might fill even easier if soaking

1 Like

Shit try it and report back. A lil r&d. Id be interested to hear your results. Worse case you just re run the column

2 Likes

I feel like you would need to soak for sure

I think you’ll be happier if they had a slight downward angle

4 Likes

If you stack vertically you can’t fit those same 10? Interesting
I would slant them, but then your space gets used up even more
Im curious how horizontal would work through

vertical column, dealing with gravity, vector is parallel with flow.
horizontal, gravity vector is perpendicular, more difficult to compensate for.

probably easier to start with some simple experimental stuff to get an idea of whatll happen.

2 Likes

your columns will take up less floor area while vertical

4 Likes

If hes on a 2 bay rack, he can fit way more columns the he already is. Floor space unchanged

I got a bunch pf 6x60 columns for basically free yesterday but some are dented…can i still use dented ones? I dont see how it would be a cause for concern…

2 Likes

I wouldnt use any dented equpitment but thats just me.
What a come up

1 Like

Why would a few dents in a column matter? A tiny percentage less volume but i cant see it failing or anything…but i dunno thats why im asking…

Integrity has been compromised. Idk just my thought.
How bad are the dents maybe im picturing something worse

2 Likes

I will suggest you dont play with highly combustible gas before you buy some clues.

Also about your first question. How are you going to get the liquid out of a horizontal spool with the port in the middle of your end cap?

6 Likes

Thanks for your input that does nothing for me. These dents are minimal. No one has given me any real reasoning as to why this would be potentially dangerous…

Im going to blast it with nitro at 60+ psi…should do the trick…

1 Like

Maybe if you hold your ear up to the dents you will hear the SS fatigue right before the dent pops out(in italics).

3 Likes