What kind of SOPs does the community need/want? I'll be writing them and posting here and to my blog

Hey guys just wondering what kind of SOPs the community would like to read, learn, and use. I’ll be writing them and keeping them updated with anything I may forget or overlook.

29 Likes

Chromatography free t-free SOPs and CBN synthesis that doesn’t utilize I2 or S.

35 Likes

Alternative micelle and liposome systems, and lab scale to pilot scale formulation Tek for water soluble encapsulation systems.

13 Likes

If it’s not against site rules, I’m pretty sure it’s not, care to post a link?

I found your grm tek crc post very informative!

I’m lazy and didn’t click your icon lol, nvm, but wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Those are some great suggestions, they will definitely take me a while to properly put together though. Was hoping for some more beginner friendly SOPs to write, but I like a challenge!

8 Likes

vocabulary tek? equipment tek?

3 Likes

Right now I’m writing an airflow setup and fire hazard reduction SOP

6 Likes

Sounds awesome! What’s your blog so I can bookmark it?

grmlabs.com/blog

12 Likes

curious to see a spill control SOP

14 Likes

YES! Great Idea thank you. Goes right along with the fire hazard reduction SOP.

5 Likes

Hazardous material handling and disposal? PPE?

8 Likes

I second the safety SOPs like when there’s a catastrophic failure or large spill etc. most places don’t have safety refs installed

10 Likes

I had to put a few of those together recently.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking about an evacuation sop in case of emergency.

My previous company had one, not related to this field, but a good plan anyways.

Each group had an exit route, then we all met in designated areas, head counts, etc.

I’m very interested in this!

5 Likes

It’s generally called a life safety plan and based on sensible egress paths from all areas of the building. It usually also includes location of safety equipment and solvents that exist

7 Likes

Spill control… my first thought is to have a good volume of adsorbant media on hand- baking soda for one has saved me several times in the past when having to deal with oil fires- I would imagine that it would be useful in containing solvents

16 Likes

people always ask why i have 50lbs of kitty litter in a lab closet xD

12 Likes

I have a funny story about a hemp farmer with a kitty litter patent…

8 Likes

Fire hazard reduction SOP coming later today guys, just got my partner grammar checking it. As always open to suggestions for making an even better SOP for community use. Gonna start working on an emergency preparation SOP and leak/spill SOP as well. Open-Source knowledge for the win!

7 Likes