What do you use as your filtration media? CRC

New.
Haven’t seen compact collection that list the media used in their Crc filter & the results theyve achieved from that mix.

Everyone seems to have their own little mix. Id like to find a middle ground between results and cost.

Damn, now we’re out here asking for smaller teaspoons?!

18 Likes

I think @cyclopath lent all the spoons to @BG305. Until he spreads some love. No more spoons will be given. :joy::rofl::joy::spoon::spoon::spoon:

Just start with one persons ratios and tinker from there.

4 Likes

Not a sintered disc from bvv that’s for dang sure

3 Likes

!!! I paid for the 8in disk and it broke and warped on first use.
$$$$$ where can I find a scintered disk that doesnt SUCK>?

idk i;ll just have mt fab dude weld it in place permanently but it pissed me off a lot to see how they advertise it as ready for high pressure and it wont even take 20psi

5 Likes

Nope… but we are gonna need more

Edit: Not my work. although the car is.
It was a gift from the Dept Of Facilitation

6 Likes

All you need for crc 2 micron is what i use and i get a gerat flow rate w a small bed of c lite

3 Likes

Reread the crc thread. Everything used is talked about. They even list ratios and what each media does/ what colors are removed.

4 Likes

Heck yes 250 for a half hour better off buying a whore

2 Likes

try this, from the bottom up t-5, silica gel 60,
magnesium silicate,t-41 clay. use at lease a 3’’ tube 6 in deep with the powders for 1lb-4lb biomass.compact the bed under vac like the dcvc methods, use a filtterpaper between each layer to aid in distribution.

7 Likes

There’s tons of people’s preferred medias/ratios in there. I literally just posted mine like a week ago. I have probably 30 screenshots of people posting their mixes. Look through the thread more.

5 Likes

I am a little confused. The dcvc video that people have been posting in the other thread states that it is very important not to pack the column under vacuum. Should it be packed under vac or no?

3 Likes

Wow I feel silly. A few minutes after states that it is important to not apply vac while you pack, he says to turn the vacuum on. So:

1. add media to column
  2. tap the column
  3. Turn vac on
  4. compress
2 Likes

Ive heard you get better results from not packing. My guess is it allows the media to move slightly, scrubbing the solvent better

Using the vacuum like he is isnt really packing…its more like playing tetris with the filter media.

I posted lots of different mixtures for different results

1 Like

And ive got those screen shotted. Just would be nice if the community made information easy to access & stopped acting like its spoon feeding. Original thread has like 5,000 comments. Its time disect it and condense the information?

3 Likes

I feel it i also have the screenshots 5000 is alot. But if you screenshotted the correct thing there is no need to condense. If the only thing that has to be done to get the information to do CRC filtration is reading why not make people read.

Hmm I am still having issues with powder getting thru even while compressing the column under vac. I bought a giant bag of cheap celite 545 from proof 33:
Diatomaceous Earth (DE) Powder | Additives & Aids | Proof 33 Provisions
It was only $85 for 22.7 kilos which seems extremely cheap and maybe a lower quality?

1 Like