What do you extract with and why?

Don’t now where you boy s are gooing but seems like it s gooing to be fun :joy::joy:

2 Likes

We’re having a membrane and spinny things party on the west coast. Should be a good time.

4 Likes

Hope the degenerates don t show :grin:

All of my best friends are degenerates! We have the best ideas.

4 Likes

:+1::+1: I get it

1 Like

You could in theory use a tall enough column to do a separation. But it seems fairly hard to do, I’ve abandoned the idea.

To remove any trace of water?
@nt369

Where is this party happening?

I’m about to switch to heptane denatured to remove picking up water solubles. Im going to use molecular sieve 3a every time i filter to make sure there is minimal water getting into the mix.

1 Like

Hexane is full on carcinogenic benzene. That’s why.

Most terpenes create benzene when combusted, yet you smoke them still.

Hexane and benzene both are illimated in the distillation process.

That’s why most terpenes are considered cancerous,

6 Likes

Benzene is prevalent. Just by extracting the residual Carcinogenic poisonss lurk everywhere not everybody is practicing safe. I avoid it all together by choice. #nosebleeds

2 Likes

ID love some input. i’ve been using iso. 1:1 at room temp, 20 min soak, spin, FFE. crude comes out at- 64-66% every time. distill using SPD to get 80-85% CBD. into the reactor at -25C for 12 hours and harvest. What problems can I expect moving to a wipe film unit?

I personally have never ran a wilped film but from what I’ve read room temp alcohol (I’m guessing you meant isopropyl) picks up water solubles and sugars can mess up your wiper blades. I imagine you would need to do some scrubbing/filtering with T5 of your room temp extract to prevent this.

yes I use IP to start, do you think its possible to dumb in the T5 before all the IP is evaporated, do a wet scrub/ filter. recover the rest of the IP and on to the next step? or do I need to fully recover and then heat to add in t5? thanks a ton!

I know wet scrubbing is generally not as effective as a dry scrub or scrub in an alkane like heptane but @Renchi mentioned this in the etho color thread about filtering ethanol though T5 so I imagine it could work similarly with iso: What do you extract with and why? - #54 by Renchi

You can do it both ways. I always filter using etho, so that would work for your ip. People seem to uniformly say that you get better results doing a dry scrub. So to each their own on this really.

Hell ya thank you gents. ill try a few different things and post my results.

Hoping someone one on this site can help me make sure I am running this machine for the best harvest. Been running it for 4 months and really have my own experience with it the go on. Temprature and pressure are one of my wonders on this system. Not sure if I’m doing it right.

@Raybhayes1
May I ask exactly what you are referring to? Your post is vague and to be able to assist you we need to know which machine it is and what solvent. Could be bho could be something else.

As soon as we get clarity and some further parameters it will be easier. What, for example, is it your aren’t sure about?

3 Likes