What do you extract with and why?

oh I know u usually just drink it straight without evap , burns a lil but the buzz is AmAzInG!!!

3 Likes

lmfao if I just grossed you out and you eat food products and cereal literally made with hexane extracted nutrition, cry me a river…

7 Likes

Dont be dissing my cinnamon toast crunch!

Lol

1 Like

What’s your basis for saying that? Also which all those methods are you referring to? As mentioned hexane is widely used in the food industry and methanol is immiscible with hexane/ heptane. Please realize that people are trying to make great products and are trying to use the safest way possible. So if you have some valid information please share that.

5 Likes

Make a home brew model of your system and maybe you can be the change that ends open blasting and residual solvents. Until then… :rocket::rocket::rocket:

3 Likes

@IESCo2

Now, please provide valid data for your claim. If you have sent tests for your co2 oil that had residual solvent in it you probably didn’t heat it to the correct temps.

1 Like

I’m just a newbie and certainly not using the kind of equipment yet that y’all have, but for me who is interested in medicinals, ethanol extraction only and keeps the Terps man!

Being poor makes iso look pretty good… I’ve also noticed that iso gets a clearer wash @ about the same time & temp. If you are properly purging then iso is ok, right?

When ‘proofing up’ what do you guys use? I have a bunch of recovered etoh that I know isn’t 190 anymore (gets a little green). I’ve only been using it on 2nd washes, but thought it might be nice to proof it up.

I know some use molecular sieve 3a. That’s what I’m getting as I’m seeing my 190 start pulling some green too. And I’m just about to try doing the second wash in 99% iso too, because with room temp the second wash pulls so much unwanted compounds that even 150-200g/500g product leaves burnt material after decarbing. I never used to have that issue before doing the separate room temp wash, so my conclusion the room temp etho. Thus I will now try the 99% iso instead. Do correct purges and you should be fine.

1 Like

Working with smaller volumes I was going to try proofing up with a 30cm vigreux column @ room temp and just let it run and see, I bet what I collect will be higher proof than what I start with. So easy to buy a gallon of 99.9 iso at the grow store and have near clear 1st washes and amber 2nd washes so I keep putting off cleaning up my solvent I Work so hard to recover…

To elaborate a little more, with a good column stack on a still I could proof out @ 194 each run, but if you wanted to reach a higher proof you would need to add zeolite.

1 Like

Boiling point differences won’t make a difference for an azeotrope- by definition an azeotrope has constant boiling point . Have to find ways to “break” the azeotrope

could this be done on crude before initial distillation after winterizing?

There was talk of centrifuge use, earlier in the thread. I have not been using one, but became curious. The Panda Spin Dryer is mentioned a lot, but that unit has plastic stuff in it. I found this:

Juicer

https://www.amazon.com/Breville-800JEXL-Fountain-1000-Watt-Extractor/dp/B0002VAFVG/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=spin+stainless+rpm&qid=1564546625&s=gateway&sr=8-7

It is a juicer that appears to be mostly stainless, plus it spins at either 6500rpm or 15000rpm.

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

The page I see tells me 13,500 rpm max. assuming the basket is 3" (76.2mm) in diameter (radius 38.1mm) which is the diameter of the feed chute, that gives an RCF level of 7777g. That’s a seriously fast spinner.

I’m gonna buy one and see if I can’t teach it to do tricks.

Awesome find. @cyclopath check it out… I know you like spinny things possibly even more than I do.

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: we can try something stupid next week?

8 Likes

Hopefully at least one more thing than we had originally planned on. I think it’s probably gonna be a big list to chew through given the large number of degenerates that will be in attendance.

2 Likes

Don’t now where you boy s are gooing but seems like it s gooing to be fun :joy::joy:

2 Likes

We’re having a membrane and spinny things party on the west coast. Should be a good time.

4 Likes

Hope the degenerates don t show :grin: