What can we do with fats and lipids?

yah i did the winterization. 10:1 ethanol, down to -45c for 24 hrs then filtered out cold.

1 Like

What micron filter paper? Media?

no media just 26 micron filter paper

1 Like

I’ve noticed a difference between -40 and -86 freezing

Does anyone know what @precision was using in their room temp T-sep dewax?

Methanol and some sort of coagulant flocculant

I can tell you room temp meoh will out perform ethanol at any temp for winterization. Back in the hemp days we would room temp winterize and never had any fats or waxes after. the trick is using a little bit of water with your meoh

6 Likes

waiting on my barrel of methanol to be delivered. would you say about percent of water? distilled or should i use dionized?

1 Like

5-10% and i just used distilled water.

4 Likes

thanks for the spoon my man

3 Likes

Is there a similar SOP on here for room temp methanol and some wtaer?

ditto on the Thank you for the spoon

its been talked about a lot on here but im not sure if there is any actual SOP on its use for winerization. but please consider meoh is not something you wanna be huffing and having exposure to. its not ethanol and should be treated with more respect and consideration.

I will say some cooling will be better than no cooling on reducing the fumes, so we would usually still put in a standard -10c freezer, but on tests we didn’t really get any more waxes on a cold filter than we would on room temp.

Here’s a picture of adding meoh and water at room temp.

4 Likes

Main reason I don’t play with it regularly. I won’t mess with it without a room with excellent air flow and a proper mask. Don’t need to use it for long, but I don’t want to be a statistic

2 Likes

Remain calm and use your PPE!

5 Likes

Did you the the TikTok/reel about spraying iso on cloth headboards at air bnb?

Brings all the bed bugs out to play

Surfboard and skate deck wax.

And candles that you give as gifts so people leave them in their bathroom unlit.

3 Likes

dissolved runtz/gsc lipids into heptane…

pointless experiment? idk…

will i get answers in a few weeks? yes.

will it be that nothing happened and the fats just separated and i just recover my heptane??..probably

That freezer better be rated for solvents lol

just your typical dry fridge. humidity in there is about 50%. i dont really think terps are going to explode… .ignite or combust at all in 40 F refrigerator.

or will they? and i will see you guys in Valhalla.

3 Likes

on a serious note… when i came to the lab from the grow back in 2020 they already had everything set up and built out. they had a consultant tell them everything to buy and he also picked out the terp fridge so i’m assuming so… but we know the rule of thumb with assume.

1 Like

Here’s the non-cannabinoid/terpene content of our hemp waxes as tested by Eurofin:

13 Likes

You can use it to cut

1 Like