What butane extractor do you recommend?

We are considering getting a small scale butane extraction unit for our lab. Does anyone have a recommendation on a turn key set up that will process 3-5lbs?

BizzyBee, ETS etc. if you look you will find

3 Likes

They all work, just depends the type of product you want to make and your price point

3 Likes

What about Extractor Solutions? They are a lot cheaper price than others

Idk if killa has these in stock yet but if he does its where I’d shop

4 Likes

Never just go the cheapest route for a stainless extractor… That can get you hurt.
I haven’t heard of Extractor Solutions. ETS and Bizzy are great recommendations. They are expensive because they work. Every time. And they are certified/peer-reviewed.

Another great quality source, at a lower price than the two above, would be @Killa12345 or www.qualitystainlessparts.com

4 Likes

I went with ETS. I do regret it. Precision Extraction was me next go-to. From what I learned at this point, custom builds are definitely the way to go, but that’s a road that requires a lot of knowledge and comfort that a lot of people, including myself 4mo. ago, don’t really have.

6 Likes

Make sure it’s made in America in an ASME shop.

Makes sure it has a peer review certification.

Make sure all ancillary equipment has a UL/ETL cert.

6 Likes

Thanks for all the input! Ill be checking on when Killa will have his units in stock. This may be the best way for us to get started in hydrocarbon.

2 Likes

There’s not a single manufacturer right now who actually has an ASME shop and makes their systems in America. Slimy salespeople slap the ASME logo all over their site and in the fine print it says meets ASME certification standards. They aren’t actually ASME certified unless you have an ASME inspector come to your shop monthly and do audits, and have the vessels pressure tested by the ASME. Real ASME cert vessels will have a stamped and welded plaque certification on every single piece of steel. We can build you a completely custom system for a fraction of the price of everyone else that is engineered for safety, ease of use, and throughput. They are peer reviewed and meet all national and local requirements. We offer three year warranty on all stainless. All ancilliary equipment is UL stamped. And we won’t bullshit you with marketing ploys to fluff our prices. DM me and I can send you some of the 3d files for custom builds we’ve done lately and get you in touch with some of our clients who are using our systems currently.

11 Likes

I recently bought from extractor solutions and am very happy with the product. It’s a Cema product, all around decent Chinese made systems

3 Likes

There are Equipment manufacturers that purchase their vessels from American ASME fabricators that have all of the necessary certs.

Iron fist is a good example. Carl doesn’t make the vessels, he buys them from Alaskan Copper, but they are quality with proper certs.

5 Likes

Which system did you get? Im looking at getting a new one i cant stand this px1

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I’m glad there are at least a few people out there who aren’t in this to suck everyone dry. Statement still holds true, no one selling extraction platforms now has their own shop here in the states, that is ASME certified, and 100 percent made in the USA. But mostly every company I see uses marketing ploys to make it seem like they do, which is dishonest in my opinion.

3 Likes

Anyone know of anyone using the cmep710 pump?

Just like the “GMP Compliant” bullshit lol :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We are selling extraction platforms made in our own shop that is ASME certified and 100% made in USA. We just haven’t released hydrocarbons designs…YET.

4 Likes

I LOVE IT! Let me come check out your shop! You show me yours I’ll show you mine type of thing :wink: Where are you guys located? MAKING ME PROUD PYTHON!

4 Likes

Also where are you getting the stainless sheets you guys use? Stainless is ridiculously expensive here, USA produced about 2000 metric tons of stainless last year, china produced 400 million metric tons.

We are located in Port Huron MI

The company is family owned and has been manufacturing equipment for specialty industries for 87 years. They have a wall full of patents from 1938 to present day.

We have a quarter million square feet of fabrication space with over 40 electrical, chemical, process and tooling engineers on staff. Our fabrication and design capabilities are unmatched.

5 Likes