WAVE Freeze Dryers

Received a call from this company that sells an alternative to the Harvest Right freeze dryers we all use. I personally have not bought one of these Wave freeze dryers nor am I getting any kickbacks from the company but I invited the owner to talk about his equipment. His pitch sounded like a great solution to a lot of the issues I have personally had with Harvest Rights so I thought I’d let @SharpDry answer any questions the lab operators have. Their website; wave.cc (apparently this the functional site)

If anyone has bought one and wants to review it this would be a good place to do that :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Might wanna let dude know there are multiple typos and misspellings on the front page of the site. Not trying to hate just trying to be helpful. When I see a lot of that from companies it turns me off a bit.

12 Likes

Good call. I haven’t personally checked them out yet but will now

40k for a unit, damnnn…

3 Likes

Have them send one to @SubstituteCreature for proper testing.

5 Likes

Ya and I’ll take one. I want a new toy too lol

Hi guys. Thanks for the comments about spelling. Our products are real industrial equipment with a load of advanced features. Our FD260 is around $25k. It has 5 to 6x the power of a Harvest Right. And with individual heat mats, an advanced PLC and the ability to set temperature, pressure, and time, we leave the terpenes in the material and not in the ice or pump.

1 Like

What makes it 5x-6x more powerful?
Better vacuum?
Better shelf heating?
Better cooler condenser?

3 Likes

We can extract up to 30 Liters of ice with 300ml of water evaporating from the pump per hour while a large harvest right can do about 5-6 liters. We have individual heat mats on every shelf so you get much more even heating so you can do a much deeper cake depth. And we recommend an Edwards E2M28 pump-a real workhorse. Our compressor and cooling system are much stronger.

3 Likes

How does this unit do freeze dry curing flower?

SharpDry is a new process that we call Fresh Dry. We spent over 6 months running hundreds of wet pounds to figure out a way to use Wave Freeze Dryers with a special configuration to mimic evaporation in a controlled accelerated way. We get amazing results. I am President of Wave Drying Systems USA and one of the founders of SharpDry. We have a customer using SharpDry that gets $50 an eigth in their dispensary and the same plant hang dried they sell for $38

Actually I met that guy are Bizcon and he was fucking AWESOME - ask him if he remembers the guy with the longsleeve white and black Polo skull shirt and the jars :wink: I have his card somewhere around here because it was one of the few things I saw there that just stood out as beyond awesome. I told the dude I was an electronics dork so he gave me a look at under the hood and I likey. From what I saw at the show it didn’t seem like a throwaway unit at all like HRs are tending to be more and more these days. Very clean guts - if something fries I could see it not being TOO hard to do open heart surgery. From what I remember damn near one tray would fit more than my entire freeze dryer does right now - I was impressed. Bummer there was no real way to actually test it out there in Vegas but if I could afford it and I had the need for that much firepower it would be so cool to have.

Extremely nice guy with a just fucking GNARLY product.

5 Likes

I do remember you. Thank you for the kind note. We really think we have something that will make people’s lives better for both concentrates and flower.

3 Likes

Ayyyyyy! Great to see you on the forum! Really hope people start to snag your FD, it really seems like it can replace an entire wall of crappy Harvest Rights

1 Like

Tis why I brought him here

You hit upon a real company philosophy. We wanted to make something that was powerful, but easy to fix. That is why we use standard HVAC components with a powerful Siemens PLC. Wave Freeze Dryers has sold over 400, mostly in Europe. But also in Asia, Australia, and the Middle East and now the good old USA. With easy to access compressors and other parts, in the rare case we have problems, we can send out a standard HVAC repair person. And our PLC is designed to be accessed remotely, so we can trouble shoot if needed.

2 Likes

One things that I wanted to highlight is we have developed some novel ways for using Wave Freeze Dryers for concentrates that leave the terpenes in the material and not in the ice or pump. We know we are successful because when we melt ice to defrost the machine, it doesn’t stink of terpenes, and we only have to change the oil every month or so. DM me if you want to have a call to discuss our processes in detail.

3 Likes

That’s what stood out to me

2 Likes

For customers who have a large daily run of concentrate in their freeze dryers (plural because of Harvest Rights size) we also have the FD440. Which is much bigger. And the FD550 is coming soon.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. We had the SharpDry website as a placeholder and to be honest, it will be much better tomorrow. I appreciate your sentiment but please give us a second chance.