WAVE Freeze Dryers

Join us next week for the FD666. For the right price hell, too, CAN freeze.

Me likey the Edwards pump being mentioned. @Mountain32 will foam at the mouth with all the rebuild work they’ll have.

5 Likes

Especially when these people seem like they put a lot of R&D into making a product designed more for the extraction end of things.

The prices make it a hard sell when labconco is 18k and the maybach of freeze driers

Also have the holland green science for cheaper than that

I think access rosin or someone is selling these. They are European and apparently green taxed to death.

What modes of operation or equipment design sets your equipment apart?

What makes it pull less terps from the concentrate into the pump? Lower vac? Different set points on freezing?

What about equipment downtime? I can get 6x large freeze driers and while one may go down, the rest most likely won’t. Redundancy is more important than raw throughout in my view. No point in having a large machine that if it goes down, results in your lab grinding to a halt.

3 Likes

What’s the smallest most affordable model you carry @SharpDry ? I seem to remember something in the $5k neighborhood or am I trippin

Edwards pumps are workhorses. Easy to change the seals and vanes. Much better than Harvest Right pumps. Our machines work with any brand of pump so if you have a favorite brand, as long as it is strong enough, it will work with Wave Freeze Dryers.

2 Likes

I completely agree about redundancy. It is a good point. Depending on your lab size, we recommend 2 FD260s rather than one of our FD440s for your point about redundancy. Wave was founded by a frustrated Harvest Right customer making CBD in Austria. He had more than one machine going down all the time. That is why Wave is designed to be easily fixed. But the advantages of Wave are more than throughput. It is the ability to program the machine to control pressure. Harvest Rights get very very cold and go to down 500 MTs. That is really rough on the concentrate. Sublimation at that temp and pressure is very violent and tons of terpene heads end up being bown out. Because of the flexibility of our PLC, we have a much gentler approach that you can’t do with Harvest Rights

3 Likes

Someday, we may make a smaller home based unit. We have a pretty good prototype. But for now, the FD260 is our smallest and it goes for approximately $25k. It is really hard to make an industrial quality machine for less. We compete against much higher priced machines like Millrock.

1 Like

I checked these out at mjbiz and thought it was one of the best things I saw at the show. Hopefully will be grabbing one end of q1 2023

3 Likes

For those not at MJBiz, SharpDry allows us to really dial in our recipe for concentrate on Wave Freeze Dryers. All Wave Freeze Dryers allow you to program temp, pressure, and time for up to 12 stages. After 5 months of R&D with a major concentrate maker, we developed a “Fresh Dry” process that is much gentler on the material than traditional freeze drying. We are able to leave almost all the terpenes in the material, rather than in the pump or ice. If you are interested, I would be happy to answer questions with my partner, our concentrate expert, on a call. Please DM to set it up.

1 Like

Labconco is really for science labs and has a much higher price per pound per machine. There 18L is 35k. Holland green are really small units made in China.

2 Likes

Highly recommended!

2 Likes

How many liters is your $25k model

25 Liters of ice and the pump removes 300ml of water per hour. So for a 24 hour run, well over 30 liters

1 Like

The 18L refers to moisture removal capacity then not the volume of the drying chamber?

Yes, extraction capacity measures how much water can be removed which is useful, but not the whole story. The labconoco unit is much much less in terms of total shelf size which determines capacity for concentrate. It has 3 16.5" x 12" shelves. Our FD260 has 8 39.4" x 13.7" shelves. So, the cake depth of the labconoco would have to be really thick to take advantage of all 18L extraction. There is really no comparison at all between their machine and the Wave FD260. It is an excellent machine, but it is really made for laboratory work, not scale production.

3 Likes