Water Clear D9

I wish, that would be neat. Suppose I could make one if I wanted to, like a spreadsheet you could just plug weights and pH values of the medias.

Maybe one day with all my non-existent “free-time” haha.

7 Likes

It was @VerifiedConsultant

6 Likes

you can look here.

3 Likes

@Lincoln20XX, would this be a spreadsheet you could easily make?

He made the ffe spreadsheet pretty easy

I’m not sure about how it’s listed. However when I released the process the variables were different than they are now. We worked with non fraction collector heads and had to prep and distill with a bit different skill. The now adays processes people adjust media’s and fluid ratios to tailer each process remediation. I have been preaching this subject matter since I first came out with the key.

Overall many, even well knows here made fun of me and said people would never spend that kind of money on media’s - and we see where this took off.

7 Likes

I have basic(pH:10) and neutral(6.5) powder aluminas…would these work to balance the ph without losing yield? Ive been wanting to do this in the crc process once i noticed slabs made with b80 would not sugar out as easily giving it a longer shelf life in shatter form. Im guessing the neutral ph made it harder for them to sugar out(crystalize). Almost all the medias being used currently are acidic

4 Likes

Medias were also retailing for like 5x what they should have, so those guys werent wrong.
Reason why more people probably buy media from killa then they do all the big brand lab stores…
C bleach lol remember :thinking:

2 Likes

Way before then it was magsil and silica 60. The typical lab grade products. Also the most common supplier was us silica back then who had a monopoly on product.

1 Like

If someone supplied me the data, absolutely.

…though by the time someone’s gone to the trouble of collecting it all in one place they’re about 97% of the way there.

2 Likes

Idk i just match 3 parts b80/t5 with 2 parts magsil pr. Usually works pretty good if u go in with ph 7

4 Likes

T5 has a pH of 7.1, I think it would be even better then 6.5 alumina

2 Likes

I noticed xtractor depot and bvv say 2 different ph values

2 Likes

I thought t5 was closer to ph 6.1 :man_shrugging:
I dont think its ph 5 though
B80 could be all over the place, probably ph5-7

2 Likes

what’s the big hype about it me it looks less apealing no golden. I start to get the wonder effect…wonder if I’m high

my clients think 1st pass disty seems stronger and so do I. 2nd pass seems to be weaker head high to me

7 Likes

the real question is has anyone found a way to make clear AND make it stable? not susceptible to any color changes, for at least more than a few weeks?

4 Likes

It’s not water clear, and definitely not water clear in bulk, but I’ve gotten this color with 0 post processing. Extracted cold, filtered sediment, rotovap, decarb, single distillation.

Normally with this method I end up with carts that are the more standard light gold/pale yellow.

I’m not really sure why this one came out so much nicer, I can only attribute it to the weed (trim). It was super finely ground trim which I expected to detract from oil quality based on what I’ve read about extracting super finely ground material. But it yielded over 19% to carboxylated crude (much higher than what I typically get).

This cart got the red ring after 1 day tho.

5 Likes

Chromatography with silica? Or what stationary phase?

yet another reason I despise clear clear disty

6 Likes

I completely agree with this statement. 2nd pass is too bland.

2 Likes

Remove the oxygen 100%

aka fill under an inert atmosphere.

3 Likes