Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

So true, the first time i did it i added solvent back to isodryice and nothing formed after 6h. If your sock is cold and 5um or less you should end up with a clean extract.

Cause of this thread im gonna do a real good grow of amnesia haze and crop her a good 4 or 5 days early and see if i cant make you fellas sip on some haterade hehe
Post back in feb

4 Likes

Also for anyone who is looking for triclamp mesh polyester/stainless sock filters, utahbiodiesel is a company who will accommodate small custom orders.
They stock 1/2 micron nominal rated polyester filter media
5x12-filtercartridge
Edit: added a pic and the website name on that pic must have been the old name they call themselves utahbiodiesel now

10 Likes

what’s the sock filter for? how is it better?

I haven’t tried it yet, but normally I have pretty good results with shatter. This is just knowledge I want to aquire for future endeavors.

9 Likes

Sock filter is a better option than flat plate style filters and mesh gasket filters because they offer more surface area to filter with so they don’t clog as easily. They’re also manufactured as triclamp gaskets.

They definitely aren’t a replacement for inline plate filters, but because of the nature of the almost sponge like matrix of the polyester media it is very effective at catching irregularly shaped particles and keeping them trapped because the filter media three dimensional unlike a coffee filter.

The polyester is also very durable, can be reused as long as you don’t soil them too badly, on top of that they’re cheap and chemically resistant to alcohols and hydrocarbons.

Edit: Grammar/syntax

4 Likes

Filter sock it is! I’ll bring my laptop to work tomorrow so I have time to do the cad drawings on a clay immersion tank

1 Like

Did you funnel n-butane?

Yes…

I’m gonna try some bentonite instead of celite and better ac

2 Likes

I think the AC is not needed. And it’s an abundance of celite. I will be experimenting with this soon. I convinced my bosses to order me some. He’s worried about me doing it though, he said he doesn’t want me to have to make everything like that. I smirked

5 Likes

I feel like the ac helped…

Didn’t @Waxplug1 say he wasn’t using it?

He did but I beleive someone else had recommended it and it seemed to help.

I have a butt load of summit AC here, but no celite. I gotta order some and get this down. I’ll be fine with the tiny ass yield. You said the ac made it really orange?

2 Likes

I got my ac from the fish store. Cheap. Large granules. I don’t know if quality was up to the task. I got some better stiff coming. I feel like the celite did little to help the color when I tried it alone I only had about a 2 inch cake of celite tho so maybe it wasn’t thick enough

2 Likes

I was gonna give it another shot. Once I got these next few slabs out the door…

I lurk the crap out of og cannabis. Most guys like him will give out almost all the info except like one thing. He never says he uses celite. But he mentions passes. I think he has a small column packed with celite and depending on the material and size of run. He may saturate the celite and have to run through another filter. We have a bunch of filtration for our spd but no celite. I’ll have em order some anyway. We’re in the middle of nowhere and have to order everything most of the time. So, I might as well order the right one. A fish store is just as far as the lab store for me. Which is also why I am trying to get away from dry ice and use lc02. My Praxair guy has lc02 on hand all day. Plus if I had the right shell and tube condenser I could make my own dry ice. Dry ice is effing expensive to get here

3 Likes

I’m 2 weeks after the fact, but was rereading and looking at @Waxplug1’s pics and while this may not be the method OG Cannabis on IG is using exactly he mentioned,

and,

which got me thinking about his background in his picture, kinda looks like a repurposed restaurant kitchen, then I remembered looking at a non-bubbling container of liquid butane in my freezer…

If I wanted to filter liquid butane manually, I’d want an environment cold enough to ensure it stayed a liquid as long as possible…

1iuzqx

Then you just have to figure out what he is ‘scrubbing’ with between Celite filtering and he ruled out AC which only leaves cbleach or bentonite clay to my limited knowledge.

I’m currently not convinced the celite will do anything aside from filter out very fine undesirables no matter the thickness of the cake.

10 Likes

Have you tried local ice cream shoppes? I’m paying $0.70/lb through one of them where I am. The grocery stores want twice that much.

5 Likes

My facility is far away from anything like that. I have to have it delivered from Praxair for .85. Winslow, az doesn’t have an abundance of ice cream shops.