Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

I’m telling you guys I’ve done so much open blasting single solvent winterizing that I know what’s going on. Cold crash your butane terp fraction several times until pristine. Winterize the heavies

If you wanna keep it all tane, it’s a pain. Use ethanol if you have a rotovap

1 Like

@NxxxxxS I think this is the thread you are looking for with those questions.

@Dred_pirate No, it sure doesn’t, lol…

I miss Arizona sometimes. I spent half my life down by Ft. Huachuca, but traveled through Winslow and that whole godforsaken part of the state several times.

@Apothecary36 I imagine there’s probably quite a few ways to skin this cat and I’m sure yours is a working method, in fact at the beginning of this thread I mentioned people turning isolate into slabs, but I still don’t think that’s how @Waxplug1 is suggesting he does it, and that’s all I was trying to shed some light on.

The first time I ever considered how they were doing it my mind saw thca powder being blended with terps or even a small amount of somehow isolated original plant waxes(if that could even be done), dissolved and mixed thoroughly in minimal solvent, then vacuum purged again into a slab, and I imagine with proper modification that’s another way to skin this cat, albeit not necessarily the most efficient way to get there.

I must say though if I was still working with butane your method would be my preferred method.

1 Like

It kinda blows up here. But it’s just where the facility is. I have company housing up here and work ten day rotations and then spend four off in the valley (phx). Fortunately flag is close if I want to get out of here. My caregivers are over there, I started extracting up there originally and have a handful of friends there.

1 Like

Merry Christmas all! Finally got some slabs out so we have more playing around funds, this is the filtration set up I think I am going with and any advice is always appreciated. 150u on bottom of material spool to 20u filter to 10u sock to 1/2u sock (loaded with filter mix) the thing I’m wondering is what size I should do on the socks, this machine has 2 6x36 columns. It’s a toss up between 4in socks or 6in socks, I was thinking to get them made 12in in length, I would do 6in width but that’s a lot of filter media and may be excessive. 1/2u will filter out any carbon dust correct?

2 Likes

.60 up here in maine for ice…

Where?? Maineoxy charges an arm and a leg for a small cooler and it has dirt and hair mixed in! The guys always razz you about what you are doing with it they know what everybody is doing with it, anyhow :slight_smile:

I agree woth you on the celite, id also venture claiming ac will scrub some aromatic xompounds too…
i really wanna try the colour bleach and bentonite clay instead using same.methid i did.

that said here a v little live resin trial that just got dewaxed at 1um no other filtration. Theres little to no residue for the earbud to collect after a dab

5 Likes

youll be surprised how quick the solvent can pass through a micron sock. i wouldnt do much more than 3 or 4 inch of filter media with ball bearings on top. bear in mind those socks soak up a fair bit of solvent so id try keeping it to as little fabric used as possible. i think is overkill to use so many filters, maybe one for tiler media then another just to ensure no dust goest through but i doubt most of these filter media dont get micronized to 1/2 a micron heck i think most bacetria are between 1/3 microns.

even id you have super waxy extraction the ball bearings will agregate a lot of that chalk and trust i think youd need to be running superglue to clog those sock, buy some and fuck around with them youll aee how tits they are.

3 Likes

How do you feel about this thing? Maybe worth looking into sure would give a much more solid contact for the sock
https://www.glaciertanks.com/tri-clamp-fittings-strainers-str-g200.html

1 Like

Anyone ever use one these?

1 Like

The thing about it though is they don’t recommend running backwards the way we want too…I mean it’s gotta be worth a try though, socks would be super easy to get or get made,

Yeah those dudes are a joke in my opinion… I got a guy brings it to the shop… he has all the mixes and can do specialty blends… also has etoh… shoot me a pm and I’ll send you his number

The come up from mass…

I think you would be better served to build a cake in one of your plate filters then leave the sock filter unobstructed.
That filter media is nominally rated so even at 1/2 micron rating it’s going to catch about 98% of particles 5 micron or less so you may actually need a second filtering afterwards.

I have one of these, it works good to provide a backing for the filters.
Edit: in this pic the strainer filter is upside down.

4 Likes

Do you put the sock inside the tube or on the outside?

1 Like

I put it on the outside with a hose clamp, the inside I plan to use a custom made stainless triclamp mesh filter.
Utah biodiesel sells a very sturdy triclamp mesh filter that has two ply, one side is a thick 800 micron rated mesh and the inside is 5 microns absolute rating.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea, I didn’t think to double it up like that… what bag are you using on the outside? Because their smallest 1/2 is 4x8 did they make you some?

1 Like

I am using the 1/2 micron you just have to contact them with what you need, those size they have listed are for uses in another industry.

1 Like