Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

Practice and look deeper into adsorbents and their properties

3 Likes

Hope your vac is a Diafragm pump cause iT Will blow up on You one day If iT isn t
Trust me i have seen iT in person
I take a lot of risk but prepare My self as good as possible Please do to

4 Likes

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I’m just curious because I’m seeing tons of this exact packaging going around. It smells like oily carmex to me. It’s like fake terpenes have been added or something. God I wish I knew.

2 Likes

I’ve been making clear shatter and clear sauce and diamonds for a while using this tech and it definitely works.

2 Likes

yes i had it tested it was 27% thc

Before I started working with cannabis I was doing frankincense/myrrh/mastic extraction and water solubilization it turns out real pretty lookin- I can see how someone might be able to pass it off as shatter

This is an ethanol extraction of frank resin

Nightmarish to clean off of glassware though and destroys soxhlets like they owe money

8 Likes

Holy shit this thread is lengthy.

1 Like

Myrrh!? Who brings myrrh?

If you haven’t seen Life of Brian you won’t get this.

5 Likes

The crc thread is reeeaaally lengthy

9 Likes

3 Likes

Guys WTF is this… Looks like it belongs here.

If that’s natural it’s chlorophyll?

5 Likes

I think more likely anthocyanin. I’ve seen purple rosin made with still somewhat moist flower.

Not something I’d smoke though.

10 Likes

Got a slab of this in philly. It smells like my dentist office,has no taste, smooth af. Not sure if it does the trick or I’m just turned off from it not having any terps. My buddy said he liked it

1 Like

Ive learnt on my fucked up runs that a sure fire way to tell whats in that slab is to dissolve a sample in ethanol, and see what happens.

Ive gotten the dredded red slab and threw it in alcohol and seen the waxes just drop out. Same on a number of runs where the media passed threw the filter plates in the beginning. The media will drop out of the solution at room temp. THC will dissolve in 190 proof alcohol at 10:1. This is such a simple test and cheap. I dont know why people just dont make sure their shit is right for sure. If there is even a doubt something aint right. Its dissolved in Alcohol and evaluated. If that cant solve the problem. Then a sample can be sent for analytical testing. Really not much risk sending a gram addressed to a analytical lab even from a non legal state.

9 Likes

Awesome,thanks man! I will give that a shot this weekend. So much sketchy stuff around here, I just have it sitting, nothing worse than putting product out and having it come back…

My guy is pissed cause I asked to return it, I didn’t say 1 bad word about it just to return. That’s a huge red flag for me, he usually has top notch extracts, fuck that though.

I thought shipping anything to a lab was a big no no? I also have a 1/2liter of some sketchy distillate, I can’t catch a break lately… Can’t wait for all these nice looking hemp flowers to hit the streets as thc.

3 Likes

Cannot agree more. Many people utter the words “Knowledge is power” but very few of those truly understand them. Knowledge is inherently in you so only YOU can know. You learn nothing of people spoon feeding you - unless there is a little borrowed genius involved.

6 Likes

Hey Tom. I just got a half pound of this “shatter” you posted not too long ago. I have a few questions. Did it have a weird smell/taste? Kind of like a lemonene or citrus flavor? I’m trying to figure out what they did wrong when they made it. Also, it’s not stable like shatter it’s more of a pull n snap consistency. I thought it was some fire when I opened it up, then after smelling & tasting it notice its way off. Gets you high but not for long. Is it even THC or is synthetic? Did they use shitty weed when they made it then use fake terpenes? Or use any technology to get it to the color it is? I have so many questions & unfortunately I can’t return mine. Wondering if it’s even safe to smoke?

@Likemike7140 yes it had a fake lime taste

I’m not sure what it is I know it tests very low thc and is full of waxes

It seems like a byproduct or waste product being slabbed and sold.

Either that or it is made from material that was not fully developed but I think it being a byproduct or intentional scam is more likely

4 Likes

Can you pack your material in these? This would make packing and unpacking tubes easy.

You would be better off just using a polyester drawstring filter bag for that purpose, which you can buy from Utah Biodiesel or Duda desiel or look on google.

Those filters would be very expensive to use for that purpose due to the size you’d need and they’re not very strong either, you could probably pack it and empty it 10 times before it started to wear down the mesh and ruin its micron rating.

Polyester/polypropylene sock bags are a fraction of the price and would be sufficient for what you want to do. They come in all micron sizes.

3 Likes