Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

I could make a stack of multiple filters and fill it with solvent before I mount my column and pass through. If that’s all you’re using and it did what were trying. I’ll get it.

2 Likes

Here you go with a picture

And do you think the kids know what a vcr is? I try asking my teenager about cassette tapes.

5 Likes

Ignore the black specs. There was apparently carbon on the parchment. These are both the same trim. Same bag. Same everything

7 Likes

I only ran 1 oz

3 Likes

Awesome

4 Likes

If that’s the same material. That’s a miracle. Nice work @anon60420198

Think I’m gonna make a small stainless Büchner with a lid to make this a little safer but I should have some spare parts around here to make this sometime this week. And have some shit material to really try this on

6 Likes

Im going to try to replicate those results because I just don’t believe those two extracts came from the same material.

2 Likes

Just try it. I followed bvv video. Google bvv celite

1 Like

I want all of us to replicate these results

9 Likes

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. It look like one, though

2 Likes

I just have trouble believing this because its saying that celite 545 is causing this color reduction and we know that celite 545 is just calcined diatomaceous earth and it only works as a filter aid it does not have any adsorptive capacity

4 Likes

Well we will just have to try it. Filter through celite, through carbon, through celite and see what happens. If it works and you can’t explain it will you still not believe it.

3 Likes

I do not perform the hexane, methanol, water LLE after the first pass through the sublimation apparatus unless I have some sort of side experiment to try. In fact the LLE does indeed leave trace amounts of water and methanol in the hexane layer so there is always some water to purge.

I have run DCVC several times more as a test in between fractions out of the sublimator and indeed have revealled compounds not already known to me by color. Running this stuff through distillation changes the nature of the compound enough that a DCVC run can nail down some very trace elements of the stuff.

In terms of water use and alumina my first goal was to discover if I could run a sort of reverse phase chromatography column with just isopropyl alcohol and water. Later I tried it with methanol. So the idea was to run the solvent through diluted at 50/50 iso/water then to ramp up the iso until the solvent could pull through compound. It is HELLA slow lolz until I got down to 70/30 iso to water (still pretty slow). However what I noticed upon running the experiement for the first time sort of astonished me. I had prewetted the filter with water simply to prep the column in its most polar form and to wash off the fine dust particles present in abrasive grade alumina. When my first fraction during that lab hit the pre wetted alumina it was immediately apparent that I had stumbled onto something useful to me because as I described it was like slamming the brakes on the waxes but at room temp.

So I discontinued my reverse phase experiments with iso/water and instead refined the technique to target waxes and later then chlorophyll too. Chlorophylls can be trapped at 70/30 iso/water if the stuff is pre boiled in iso and water beforehand because it seems to swell the material containing the chlorophyl or is swelling the chlorophyl itself. However this is a trickier technique to get right because just a tad bit too much iso in the mix will solvate enough that it pulls the green through as well. I have tested this dewaxing technique against super cooled solvent (iso at -62°C) by first dewaxing as described at room temp then dewaxing at -62°C. The -62°C pass did catch a thin scum of white goo but VERY thin. I concluded that for practical purposes that a “reverse phase” run through to dewax at room temp was nearly as good as a super cooled dewaxing job.

In terms of water in the compound it was really just a simple matter of purging it enough times and trying different things that it no longer presents any sort of inconvenience. The use of water in my solvent systems has never presented anything obvious as a byproduct when the material is analyzed with DCVC. However running very hot mantle temps does change what elutes later in a DCVC run somewhat. With DCVC I can only really qualify that compounds exists based on color separations but have no direct way to map each color to a compound.

I am curious to learn what predictions others may have about the exact nature of the compounds being altered or generated when water is used to refine this stuff. I have not detected any obvious problems but if I had a direct idea of what to look for I could easily tune a DCVC run to try to spot it if it absorbs in the VIS light spectrum. I run only micro scale stuff so the problems a commercial operation might see are surely different than the ones I detect. Commercial operations that I see all run their mantles very much hotter than I do, sometimes by up to 100°C, so it can be hard to compare results given the drastic difference in distillation parameters but I have run labs in my tiny standard SPD to test different thermal realms much higher. High mantle temps make it much tougher and since I do not have a need for fast production I opt for the lower temps which is sort of necessary to get really high purity during any given distillation.:nerd_face:

5 Likes

Larger the control group!

3 Likes

And that looks about 3 grams or so, right? Anything more than 3 is quite a bit over 10% and that’s deeecent.

2 Likes

I don’t know why your acting like my being skeptical is a bad thing, I just thought it needed to be talked about because people on this forum talk about celite like its interchangeable with activated carbon or bleaching earth and it isn’t it’s a filter aid.

4 Likes

I prefer to practice safe hydrocarbon handling, open filtering butane could lead to many issues and would not want my minions exposed to that danger. So I’m willing to spend the extra bucks to keep them safe and the lab, not trying to be harsh but safety comes first.

8 Likes

I’m still completely skeptical of this too, dude. But, maybe it works completely different than what we’re used to in this application from when we are using alcohol. There’s people clearly doing it. He just replicated it. And it’s been mentioned that it’s being used multiple times and with pics to prove. Why not say that’s cool, scratch the noggin and give it a whirl.

3 Likes

Because sometimes you gotta stop and scratch your noggin and think hey there’s no way that could work and maybe just maybe this guy on the internet isn’t being 100% truthful it surely wouldn’t be the first time.
I do plan on givin it a whirl but I’m out of my home state. So all I can really do right now is try to figure how this is supposedly working I cant try it for myself until I’m back home.

I don’t think I have the ingredients for this so I can’t until I order em.

1 Like