Very clear bho shatter (Definitely scammed) !Warning to all hash lovers and makers!

1 Like

Took me 3yrs of trying and failing and NOT giving up all while my life fell apart…thanks to failing I learned a lot along the way and I wouldn’t take it back much better than buying a sop

16 Likes

U guys suggested some things that I’ve never tried which I’m sure would improve my tek even more like the utah biodiesel thing…I also remember reading that the colder the solution the more likely celite is to grab thc…thank u for that

8 Likes

I have tried og cannabis live resin diamonds and sugars. honestly im a fan of the aesthetics!
as for flavor profile it has been hit and miss. I have gotten some really terpy diamonds from OG as well as the live resin but i have also gotten some “old oxidized” flavor a few times. which i believe is from them running old mids stripping the color and plant particulate.

im not convinced stripping the color is much better then any good fresh frozen live resin sourced from a quality grower. In fact i have a buddy i can call right now and have some better tasting piss yellow oil LOL

ALSO he claims his oil to be contaminate free or purer then distillate but i know on a hot dab his oil leaves the nail crusty and with a hot dab of distillate its like nothing was ever there. :thinking:

My opinion this tech would be awesome for a means of cleaning up old extracts without distillation and preserving whatever terps are present, but as far as being a better more flavorful product then any other premium bho…i haven’t tasted it…seen it but haven’t tasted a difference.

4 Likes

Mind sharing your sock filter filtration setup Scoob? I’m looking for a faster setup to filter fine ground trim & Etoh while making RSO. Running 5 gallons through a 500ml Buchner is quite cumbersome.

7 Likes

No offense but this is what’s wrong with this industry. Hold out on a sop and charge outrageous prices for a consult. Sad really. Remember when this used to be about helping patients everywhere get the best meds? No it’s just all a money game. Sad. Just sad

3 Likes

It costs to be the boss…otherwise just practice and you’ll get there

11 Likes

LOL ok

If I’m smart enough to be making this stuff, then I am smart enough to figure out what he’s doing. If I’m not and I have to pay for it, or have to be instructed how, then I’m not so deserving, am I?

12 Likes

I’m just teasing u guys dont get offended…I’ve basically put the sop here in all my comments…u gotta be smart ppl to be technicians so be happy to be on this course…starting 2019 u guys should have it figured out! GL with all your experiments and Happy New Year to u all…I’ll check back in a month see where ya’ll at.

18 Likes

I like the way you hinted us I think all who read well got what we needed to eventually try and if we all learned other ideas from the way we got there then great, you never charged us nor did you blatantly blurt out your method I call it a win win I enjoyed playing part of the overall conversation, and I’ll enjoy learning by experimenting vs just following an sop.
like you stated you wouldn’t trade trial and error for an sop anyday. Thanks happy new year to you also best wishes for the years to come!

13 Likes

I will post a picture when I’m back home, I’m currently out of state and won’t be back home for quite a while.
But I would be more than able to explain it in enough detail and give you links to companies who can help you make a better inline filter.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Okay my exact setup goes like this, I have this strainer filter from glacier tanks https://www.glaciertanks.com/tri-clamp-fittings-strainers-str-g100.html
If you look in the picture below you see how it has that stainless sleeve with a hose clamp to hold it in place on the rigid pipe.
I use that stainless sleeve as well as a 1/2 micron polyester filter bag and I hold both filters in place with the hose clamp they provide with the strainer.
med-img-STR-G100-5
I also am in the process of having utah biodiesel make me a custom filter like you see in this screenshot but the one in the screenshot the inside is 5 micron and the outside is 800 micron instead my custom filter will be 200 micron on the inside and 5 micron on the outside.

Stainless Steel Inline Triclamp Filters - Utah Biodiesel Supply
Then that 200x5 stainless 1.5" triclamp sock filter is going to be used as the gasket on the strainer on the inside of the rigid pipe on the strainer. From there like I said I use a 1/2 micron nominal rated polyester felt sock that is custom made by utah biodiesel and I hold it on the outside of the rigid pipe on the strainer.
I’m sorry if it sounds like I was beating a dead horse I’m currently taking morphine for pain.

8 Likes

Awesome thanks man. What pump are you running?

I currently run passive on a small system for personal medical runs so I use pressure to assist in my filtration because it’s just the cheapest option.
You said your making RSO so a diaphragm pump would likely be best in your situation.
Here’s two options for you one is pumped manually the other is operated by an air compressor both would work wonders for your applications.

Edit: the internals on that hand pump are silicone but in sure you could find one where the diaphragm is teflon instead.

2 Likes

Very helpful, thank you!

That’s what I get for selling out to the man, though… I don’t have to be back until tomorrow. And I still have at least a week to use up before I lose it.

2 Likes

Yo yo allll so I did it I went for the plung and ordered all what I feel will get me close if not there, I did find a way to heat the solvent mixture inline (jacketed condensing coil) before filtration. Powders I am trying are t-5 bentonite clay, t-41 c bleach, celite 545 (thank you killa link was gold and I bought his last one unfortunately:/) and Activated carbon. I will be pre wetting the powders before filtration with clean solvent while the system is closed in loop to ensure safety. I can post a drawing of how my pre heat → filtration-> collection tank will look if people want to see and I definitely will post photos and results. Now I just have to wait for the toys to come :persevere:

6 Likes