Variance in d8 lab results: An analytical review

I’m still waiting to find converted, un-distilled crude in a cart. Can’t imagine the toxic bs in that poop soup

1 Like

I mean how much longer are they gunna let non licensed THC people make and sell non licensed THC products ?

If you are smart you are taking these profits and planning for that and planning for compliance

1 Like

The fakes of this world are pushing d8 passed the brim of acceptable consumption.
This isn’t an RC chemical you bought knowingly at your smokeshop trying bathsalts for the first time, this is repeat unknowing use of a product.This is an acid bathed unfinished cbd product or cbdv product at a gas station shelf next to the cigarettes and meth pipes. You know, your neighborhood grocery/smokeshop/gas station. Not the Valero/Exxon/CVS/Walgreens. Every single mom & pop shop knows whats up.

yikes
I remember seeing this shit. All over. K2. All over. You guys are going to put Weed in he same category simply because you wanted a quick buck off Hemp.

4 Likes

I’m not wishing peoples livelyhoods come to an end but I support licensing and regulations especially when playing with chemicals to make profits

5 Likes

I’m wishing every single one of you fucks in d8 wakes the fuck up and finds a way to do d9 the same way “legally,” at least cover your ass with a thc license. Like Dougs Varin is rolling you all on d8thcv carts probably and 3% d9thcv? prerolls.

3 Likes

When I ran smokeshops none of that bogus shit would fly on my shelves. Nothing’s changed.

I ran out of edits.

1 Like

ProVerde no longer accepts this type of sample for testing because they are full of contaminants, degradation products and non-natural cannabinoid isomers resulting from the synthetic processes, all of which have unknown toxicity. These pose significant risk to consumers, and ProVerde does not want to be associated with these potentially harmful products. For the sample tested as part of this study, there were at least 15 of these contaminants identified.

8 Likes

Greets Dr. Hudalla @chudalla thanks for posting interested to read more from you on the topic please? Have any info to contribute?

3 Likes

@kcalabs what is your standard error between the GC and HPLC? What happens if it deviates from your error budget? Is this something you could report on a COA?

How about confiirmation of what these unknowns are then ?

That’s the biggest bunch of BS I’ve ever heard

They don’t want to quantify d8 because they know they can’t and they don’t want to pass something as compliant when it’s not because it’ll come back to them

Ha- my wife is an LPC- I may have been a projector a number of times lol

Plus they still test for every other chemically converted cannabinoid…

3 Likes

Getting a little slippery with laboratory confidentiality…

Given that we don’t even have the chromatogram from your lab this could just entirely made up.

4 Likes

Contaminants" ?! Or rather “byproducts” ??
And could you please tell what was identified ?

5 Likes

This is what the new COA looks like.

Clarity on instruments used, both chromatograms, and no ISO logo.

21 Likes

That is a very nice COA. I wish more 3rd party labs would add chromatograms to COAs as the default.

4 Likes

Could you send a sample to europe for our GCMS to take a crack at it :slight_smile:

Edit: i wouldnt want to try anything that had d8+d9, cause someone clearly didnt do their homework on cyclization:P

1 Like

After fighting with way too many D8 samples one day, im coming to the conclusion that D8 conversions are like trying to sample rock candy/molasses hybrid. And for a production lab used to distillates/shatter/waxes, that is going to add a whole new layer of variation ontop of what they would normally have with these better textured samples.

I mean this shit is hard to weigh out into any container without streamers/chips getting stuck all in the tube threads and outside of tube. Even at higher temps. I really think that may be a big reason for your variation in absolute concentration, obviously should not effect D9/D8 ratios.

Likely going to start working at 374 labs soon.

1 Like