Variance in d8 lab results: An analytical review

That would be federal government oversight. Logged samples. By the team that raids people…
Nobody has standardized testing methods for our industry obviously or rather the standards in place aren’t good enough.

State thc inspectors or hemp inspectors don’t come with 10+ other units and guns. The comparison is a joke. The DEA/cops is who they call if they have problems.
Hell they give you a heads up when they’re coming.

Don’t get me wrong. Inspectors do their jobs and get facilities nailed too. OLCC buckled down on hiring inspectors. It’s just not the same as if the DEA were to be involved directly. Hell florida has the police handle their medical stuff I think. That’s a step more intimidating than west coast. In parts of Oklahoma your inspection can be a phone call.

1 Like

Please show me examples of my facile connections to the unsupported literature. If my sources are discredited then it is surely the duty of such an esteemed truth teller of this scientific community to enlighten us all. I don’t quote literature often on here.

We see our job in this industry as ensuring we efficiently and accurately analyze and characterize each sample coming through our door. We are constrained by lack of standards and all the other methods we’d like to employ.

What does this even mean? Our results are what they are. If we don’t meet our own internal quality controls then we reanalyze the sample. We don’t adjust limits or concentrations. Additional work and confirmatory analysis comes from our regulatory background as scientists.

If you’re doing it best for your clients then by all means. I’m not coming into your backyard anytime soon and I won’t be undercutting prices.

Tell all the people which lab you represent so they know who to trust.

4 Likes

The tenth sample in this experiment was our in-house testing but didn’t include our data for this very reason!! :grin:

3 Likes

What a great way to learn to improve though.

2 Likes

KCA likes to… assert things they have not proven, much much too frivolously.

God damn… the projection here is killing me.

2 Likes

Honestly the separation between isomers they are showing on their CoA’s is pretty atrocious.

That would be their HPLC chromatogram, the only one they actually show on the CoA. However they are saying the GC is what they quantify by… even though it clearly indicates quantification by HPLC-PDA above quantaties … generally that would be seen as “not proven” by most CoA scrutinizes (and generally dismissed by people on the D8 coolaid it seems). Certainly is honest practice (and the law in most states?) to accurately say how you quantified an analyte on a CoA, and certainly ISO/TNI would not allow that on an actually accredited test.

But this D8 stuff is all wild west so WTF ever, just really proves you are kind of a cruddy lab really. And you are accepting hot ass samples mailed in from out of state but again WTF, no enforcement amiright.

And if it did not come from that method you should damn well put an astrik next to it and explain yourself. Lather in the transparency… or not in good faith.

1 Like

I think it’s pretty safe to say the more machines GC / HPLC etc you have to your arsenal the better. That said, they’re doing incredible work on HPLC and are often joined by GC users with the same consensus on results.

You can’t know what you receive in the mail is hot without testing… What kind of scapegoating excuse is that? Passing blame on the labs that test criminal samples?

All I read* is lab dogs barking. Added an asterisk

Yes I bark when I see BS, man this whole board stinks of BS folks doing BS work for hard green. I will point that out.

It is not safe to put BS on a CoA, that is an official document. There are ways of making it not official, or being transparent about how not official it is… It is called comments. And again they are the law. That document is enough to get the lab prosecuted for lying on an official document, as in misrepresenting where the results came from.

You understand there are business practices analytical labs are held to? They cannot misrepresent results… unless that damn astrik says “not accredited analyte” or other reason. Not so on this CoA, it says ISO 17025 accredited and that can get yanked about this type of shit. This is not you moms processing lab, this is an accredited analytical testing lab. And they are lying to the general public (and maybe some health/ag authorities if they do compliance testing) right on their CoAs.

3 Likes

Hi, have you seen testing labs in market?

All of them are lying except a small few that do what they can for transparency…

This isn’t news. It’s common place.

1 Like

Dangit man, have i seen the testing lab market? I help make the rules for some markets, I directly address issues like this, transparency is defiantly a common practice among ANALYTICAL TESTING LABS… of which cannabis labs are included and they need to step up their damn game or shit like this is what you get.

Just because they test weed does not mean they can fucking lie. The analytical testing industry is quite robust and it is people like me that will keep it that way. FucknA

Does that ISO 17025 not mean anything to any of you guys? Because it should be hard as fuck to get, and these fok really dont deserve it I feel. Unless they can back up some stuff.

2 Likes

I like you. You can keep barking in my book. :heart:
XD good luck with them rules. Transparency in lab results isn’t common place in cannabis or hemp testing results. Not since d8 greed took over.

Don’t get me started with shitty weed results. Or what labs do to fake them beyond an analysis control (kiefing flower)

The fact testing labs are calling each other out means the world to me. Just focus on the labs not doing their part to add transparency (95%)

I’m over here not believing thcv flower I’ve physically smoked now that they’ve gotten into d8thcv. I question everything.

3 Likes

You’re right and moving forward we’re listing both HPLC-PDA and GC-MS/MS on the d8-THC COAs that get run on both platforms.

The GC-MS/MS chromatogram will be posted on all samples moving forward.

We changed the SOP today.

8 Likes

Fap. Fap. Fap.
Gotta appreciate transparency eh
Double. Tested. 3feeb6c6dd76ff82639356c5a0bdfddf

3 Likes

The beginning of this d8-THC debacle had most labs showing ND d9-THC and d8-THC at 97-99%.

We caught a lot of crap (and still do) for putting out COAs showing d9-THC and significant levels of unknowns.

I’d say most of the testing we’re doing is for R&D samples rather than compliance, so call me naive, but I’d hope once they find out more information about their material they go back to the drawing board.

I’m sure there are those that go and get the ND COAs elsewhere after testing with us.

If we weren’t going to report what is really in the material then who was?

The story and ethics behind this part of the industry is much more complex than you depict.

If you’re so righteous then why don’t you go to the DEA with it? You see what is happening.

I spoke to a mom on the phone this week because her 15 year old daughter bought something on Snapchat that made her cough so much she asked her mom to call an ambulance. It was a d8 cart.

At least we’re trying to help in some capacity.

11 Likes

The man speaks the truth lol. I had 95%+ d8 ND D9 about to spend 50+ racks on my first purchase then the bomb dropped and I went thc license fuck hemp fuck you fuck you you’re cool you’re cool too.

5 Likes

Hopefully everyone is prepared for the d8 crash that’s coming. It showed a need for THC in non legal states but I don’t think it’s going to fly wide open for another year honestly

3 Likes

It’s like holding a bomb waiting to explode playing hot potato when you could just risk carrying the normal fire.

You’re all jackasses for thinking you’re safe when you’re not.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be scaling up or taking in any investors based on d8 alone. It’s gunna crash hard unfortunately

1 Like

I built a business and plan completely around acknowledging isomerized product growth, and focused on new products that would be okay with a THC license… If anyone didn’t see it coming, they didn’t watch me plan.

3 Likes

If D8 could be produced from CBD at scale and economical… that would be a game changer. I think pure D8 would be safe enough and worth the risk both recreationally and medicinally. At least to me, Id smoke it.

But nobody should want to smoke that mix of shit. And they do not want to, they want to smoke D9 really but they will settle and risk it for D8… but again, that is not what they are damn smoking. I got friends smoking this shit back in illegal states when Im setting here up to my eyeballs in good safe D9 dabs? Why TF do I deserve that over them? Because Im in some money grabbing liberal gubmant run state? Double standards and all are crazy. Shit cannot end soon enough.

1 Like