Vacuum Ovens Are Commoditized!

Just letting you all know vacuum ovens on ebay are up to 500$ - 800$ because they are commoditized!!! I guess they figure why pay a shit ton for something so simple.

Aren’t all physical things that are bought and sold also commodities?

Are you just saying the price of a thing has gone up?

1 Like

Price goes down, margins are low.

In business literature, commoditization is defined as the process by which goods that have economic value and are distinguishable in terms of attributes (uniqueness or brand) end up becoming simple commodities in the eyes of the market or consumers.

3 Likes

Haven’t they been commoditized since china got their hands on it like 6 years ago?

5 Likes

Correct, which why smart phones dont matter unless you care about the brand name. Then you pay for the brand name.

2 Likes

I recently got one of those ovens off eBay. Crazy fast shipping but damn is it a LOT smaller than the 1.9 ai ovens I use to work with.

2 Likes

Was it advertised as a 1.9?

1 Like

How many shelves did it come with?

Is it the .5 ? U got a link?

No it was 0.9 I’m just terrible at visualizing lol

1 Like

Like one kinda and the heating element is inside under it

1 Like

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122307421526

Pretty sure it was this one

2 Likes

Hahah

It’s crazy how much smaller the .9s are compared to the 1.9. You don’t expect it to be so drastic but it is

2 Likes

Cema Instrument Applied with Fuji Controller Like a Black horse amzing feeback for Even Temperature and Vacuum.

You can follow www.cemainstrument.com to follow.

@CEMA INSTRUMENT

Anyone try one for those ovens? Lol

Got one.
It is small and a bit crude but works and holds vacuum.
God knows what you can do to get a new gasket of something but…
I consider Chinese equipment to be a starting point and it usually need work but the price is right.

2 Likes

What are you doing with it?

What’s the cheapest 1.9 cu ft out there?

1 Like