DIY vacuum chamber

Create a bucket type vacuum chamber and a wire rack you can drop down into it with multiple levels for the slabs, surround the bucket chamber with a couple 5 gallon heating jackets w/ adjustable temps put a heating mat below…
I built a few 1.9 cu ft vacuum chambers with heat surrounding the whole thing for a few hundred bucks each, forgot the exact specs may have posted on here before

I believe I used the 15 gallon bvv vac chambers when they were still making them

2 Likes

Yea I just saw one of those on amazon that i was thinking of buying . Haven’t found a multi tier rack that will fit in it nicely tho but I’m sure I should be able to find one. But they were like 350 and I’m pretty sure I can make a wooden one with my old vac chamber top as a porthole window and probably get everything done with scrap wood I have laying around

Ignorance. Same thing with new farmers, everyone wants to reinvent the wheel.

2 Likes

You’ll have to build the rack

1 Like

There’s a bunch of old 12” tri clamp pots floating around. A jacketed one would work great for heating and you could pull vac or pressurize but you wouldn’t be able to do multiple slabs

1 Like

Check offer up

@cyclopath is there anything that you didnt " do it yousef"?

Still probably made a good material yeah but with a bit of headaches :slight_smile: relating bigtime hehehe

@Capttripppp aye capn!

1 Like

Look at China for a vacuum oven.

1 Like

Also upgradeable used ovens:

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/15-diy-equipment/15-12-referbishing-a-used-napco-vacuum-oven-and-controls

6 Likes

Bravo grey wolf :clap:. Thats an official non official vacuum oven. Gonna stick to the wood box for now cause I should be able to do it for close to free, but when I upgrade I will be back on ur site taking notes on ur build!

1 Like

600 bucks is reasonable but I can’t help feeling like it’s gonna break in 5 months

6 Likes

Check Craigslist or ebay. I got a 1.9 AI vac oven for $300.

2 Likes

That’s a steal. No luck local witch craigslist ( I’m in the north east ) but I’ll keep checking eBay

1 Like
2 Likes

I might have something for you. Check your dms

1 Like

could this be used?

Hardly a “DIY vacuum chamber” if you’re buying it as a kit…the fact that it comes with a silicone mat implies it’s also being used for the purpose for which it is being marketed (at a min, “diy” means “off label” imo).

Certainly works to get your extracts purged during the DIY stages of one’s extraction career.

1 Like

If you wanted to diy one of these chambers you could get some thick plexiglass or polycarbonate and route out a circle in the plate then fill it in with some rtv silicone and stick it onto a pot from your kitchen.

1 Like

Groovy hooked me up with a Yamato, he cleaned out all the human remains for me to!