Using moonshine still for evaporation

@Rowan. Explain this hack he’s talking about

Exactly but
Must have relief valves or u will die

2 Likes

Care to elaborate? I’ve just been a still billy even before the extraction days

Can you elaborate on that? Think I understand, but the word “die” being used I want to be sure :laughing:

1 Like

Like a valve to realse pressure build up if the still is not condenseing from a liquid to vapor to liquid the vapor would build and boom ur fuckn dead lol

2 Likes

Take that “spool”, add tubes to make the evaporative equivalent of a shotgun condenser, and you’re starting to look just like an FFE.

Which is different from wiping the spool as @Rowan suggested

1 Like

Better then batch style pot still ? Fuck why is there always something new. Kinda like a new chick coming into town and my hot gf starts lookn ugly quick ha

2 Likes

what speed are you able to recover off this now that you had it a while

3 Likes

It says 20l hour on pic lol

1 Like

that was at the beginning without him tweaking i believe

Gotcha it seems about maxed for that condenser I would think

1 Like

Probably could get faster condenser hooked right to keg

2 Likes

What is the purpose of the stainless pot on top of the collection pot? I was thinking a coil submerged in a dry ice slurry, but you saying it didn’t need a cold trap with that condenser made me question that.

1 Like

It’s because he doesn’t have the tri clamp to the keg piece my guess

Dude you’re a legend for this. This is the greatest community of all time

3 Likes

it is a coil submerged in dry ice/acetone/waste-ethanol slurry. I only use it when im doing a hot fast run. Good imagination :star:

2 Likes

the bvv filter are directional the large side goes up and the small opening goes down, the sintered disk sits on a counterbore in the ring. other than that its just powder pressed together. When i talked to bvv they said that the disks in 6@ would not withstand a differential of atmospheric pressure and vacuum.

Mines an 8

1 Like

What kind of temps would be ideal to not burn the oil?

I’m looking at getting a T500 Still that seems like it would do a great job, but curious what everyone thinks