Using moonshine still for evaporation

How much more efficient do you think it would be this way? The spool instead of a keg. How long would the spool be?

Make it a long spool with lots of tubes in itā€¦oh wait, thatā€™s an FFE :shushing_face:

3 Likes

What kind of budget is something like that? You got any threads up detailing it? I feel like when looking at some stills I donā€™t understand exactly how to use them for etoh recoveryā€¦ Iā€™ve used a rotovap plenty of times, but never a still for evaporation. I can see itā€™s basically got a boiling flask (large pot), a condenser, and a collection pot. So Iā€™m assuming you use them the same way you use a rotovap? Chiller to condenser, vacuum hooked up to a port?

@Rowan. Explain this hack heā€™s talking about

Exactly but
Must have relief valves or u will die

2 Likes

Care to elaborate? Iā€™ve just been a still billy even before the extraction days

Can you elaborate on that? Think I understand, but the word ā€œdieā€ being used I want to be sure :laughing:

1 Like

Like a valve to realse pressure build up if the still is not condenseing from a liquid to vapor to liquid the vapor would build and boom ur fuckn dead lol

2 Likes

Take that ā€œspoolā€, add tubes to make the evaporative equivalent of a shotgun condenser, and youā€™re starting to look just like an FFE.

Which is different from wiping the spool as @Rowan suggested

1 Like

Better then batch style pot still ? Fuck why is there always something new. Kinda like a new chick coming into town and my hot gf starts lookn ugly quick ha

2 Likes

what speed are you able to recover off this now that you had it a while

3 Likes

It says 20l hour on pic lol

1 Like

that was at the beginning without him tweaking i believe

Gotcha it seems about maxed for that condenser I would think

1 Like

Probably could get faster condenser hooked right to keg

2 Likes

What is the purpose of the stainless pot on top of the collection pot? I was thinking a coil submerged in a dry ice slurry, but you saying it didnā€™t need a cold trap with that condenser made me question that.

1 Like

Itā€™s because he doesnā€™t have the tri clamp to the keg piece my guess

Dude youā€™re a legend for this. This is the greatest community of all time

3 Likes

it is a coil submerged in dry ice/acetone/waste-ethanol slurry. I only use it when im doing a hot fast run. Good imagination :star:

2 Likes