Use of Slow Mode

We are trying this out in It's Willbillytek. Duh
It is currently set at an hour, but I almost chose 4.

Comments welcome

7 Likes

Can we move my comment in the thread to here for better feedback purposes?

Thank you @sidco

1 Like

How many times can the reply be edited in those 4 hours though?

No limit, so we are likely going to see users lean on that, hopefully to make their replies even better and not to have back and forth conversation.

5 Likes

I can see it go either way at that aspect of it. I just hope they use their better judgment for it. Otherwise seems like some anxiety may get the better of some folks & more new users may start popping up in that thread alone.(for a reply’s sake) lol

Probably smart for the non-OT subforums. Comment trees would be awesome though

1 Like

Maybe people will start secondary threads to continue their battles. It would save the admins a lot of time and work. It would also be a lot easier than making a new account.

4 Likes

This is brilliant idea.

2 Likes

Hi,
Great addition, I think all posts in the EC should be slow post only.

4 Likes

I would say echo chamber posts shouldn’t get the slow mode. Once they go into echo chamber it’s already because it’s filled with shit.

Keep this setting on certain topics to prevent them from going to the echo chamber.

7 Likes

I think you will see a bump in alt accounts to circumvent this eventually.

1 Like

the reason I mentioned it is the ec posts get really long and distracting, why not limit the reply time and let things die out?

2 Likes

That’s not how echoes work

in a infinitely large cave can you hear the echo?

2 Likes

If it’s infinitely large is it a cave?

5 Likes

only if I say it is… :shushing_face:

2 Likes

A cave with a few turns doesn’t really allow much echoing. You can walk around a corner in a cave and no longer hear the other people in the cave. Its really quite dangerous if you aren’t careful.

3 Likes

Survey Says: Caves can be infinitely large, and still be a cave, but a cave that’s largely infinite would just become existence…
So you wouldn’t know (per-say) that you’re in a largely infinite cave, where-as an infinitely large cave just ends being a big cave…
Edit: I got that rational from Douglas Adams!

2 Likes

Each one of you knows this, in your hearts-

to be the truth.

4 Likes

Plato memes, exotic

4 Likes