Use of Slow Mode

“Whither is God?” he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him – you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.” -Nietzsche

2 Likes

Now that I’m thinking about it, has anyone tried to view Houseplant yet? They have a hour wait time to even view the site. So basically you’re sitting in limbo till you get redirected to the shop page.

Just stopped to say slow mode is bull shit.

Great way to stifle meaningful development on tech.

4 Likes

Since we only have 1 thread up now explicit examples are good.

You chose to post a meme instead of any actual science and slow mode is stifling meaningful development on tech?
trolling me right?

Lets just make sure we’re all on the same page here

2 Likes

It’s about what consumers want.

Sorry for saying the same thing in a fun way… I forgot science only

4 Likes

memes are fun… why not just put it in the echo chamber… or vote on these things…

1 Like

Basically Nazi Germany…

3 Likes

are you referencing forum users here?

The point of this is to discourage meme posting for thought out science posts. If its less fun to post memes we dont have to enforce anything, the system would potentially do that for us.

agreed… Slow mode is sucky.
A lot of people are asking questions and making points that pertain directly to the subject of the post. and having to wait for an hour to reply to someone sucks.

I think if there was a way to target it at certain users based on their useless posts, that would be helpful… But I am sure that would also be a lot harder to do and would make some people feel like they’re getting picked on.
But if there was an option for users to “dislike” a post or a “this is useless/hateful” type of button… there could be a threshold set, so if you get x amount of dislikes/this is useless, your account gets put into slow mode.

Idk, just spitballing.

4 Likes

I have a response just sitting until the timer is up. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Flag my post then!

2 Likes

Awesome. that is exactly the point, now you can think about, make adjustments as needed, and hopefully have a higher quality reply than if you just sent it.

sometimes people need to socialize for the real science to happen… its like all work and no play.

I think this is one of the worst threads you could have added this too… just my opinion.

4 Likes

you cant edit though either…so if you thought to add something your waiting for an hour…sometimes life comes up in that hour and science is lost!

2 Likes

totally agreed killa. As we’ve discussed the main forum is not for social interaction, its not about what we are doing on the weekend or how our family is doing. This 100% of the time distracts from whatever the subject of the thread is, I guarantee it. Maybe this way at least the social gets shoved into a post with actual science.

2 Likes

but this is coming from someone that really hasnt contributed science here… aint that sorta an oxymoron…

2 Likes

No I’m not talking about forum users, Considering most of us are manufacturers of these products.

I think instead of closing a thread after x amount of flags it should go into slow mode

This should only be used on topics where large #s of flags are generated IMO

If a thread isn’t getting any flags the community should be able to reply as they want

I think this should be the first measure taken when flags start to appear, this should help curb all the BS when a topic goes off topic and it’ll prevent the mods from having to move so many replys if they decide to cut the BS into another thread

5 Likes

Hopefully my contributions show in other ways… but I hear your central point.
Let me counter that with the 4 people who have complained today about slow mode 3 of them have been a direct result of you posting a meme, and not saving your reply for science.
Specifically to call out the users @Killa12345 @FicklePickle and @ExTek90. @ZizzleB being the only one who contributed to the thread recently.
Got no sympathy for meme derailers, go back to IG.

3 Likes

Agreed and in the works. a ‘Heating up’ mode.

4 Likes