It's Willbillytek. Duh

Until someone can explain how a 99.99% BLUE THCa diamond is better (in any way other than appearance) than a 99.99% white/clear THCa diamond… this just seems gimmicky…

If it offers nothing to the purity or quality of the diamonds, what’s the point? (genuinely asking) I still haven’t seen that question answered once on here or IG… Maybe it was explained and I missed it?

Do I know how to do it? Fuck no. Hats off to ya for doing something that looks cool. You’re smarter than me. But I just don’t understand all the hype a until someone can explain why anyone would want to smoke these instead of regular diamonds. (not hating, genuinely asking)

3 Likes

It’s your favorite product in a new color way. Like a Nike shoe or this black Halloween whopper. Hopefully the blue stones don’t change the color of your :poop: like the whopper.

12 Likes

Are you burning at the same temp as your hydrocarbon extracts?

Density may be a sales issue as the container will be less full than the others.

Customers are just not usually super educated about any product they buy.

Bigger is generally better to most.

1 Like

Remember “green ketchup”?!?

Couldn’t bring myself to eat it.

10 Likes
10 Likes

This slow mode on this thread sucks…

As for someone thats smoked them… i dont get the point either… im certainly not heady enough! that is 100% for certain! i can only see the blue diamonds being a heady thing! i personally think its a hard business move at the price point discussed.

This is also coming from a cheap ass motherfucker. Like real cheap! i would say this is only attractive to a certain percentage of smokers at the price point…

I think the blue stones are somewhat labor intensive and scale is gonna be an issue to reduce price…

His clear stones at the price point might be a real problem for his competitors. They look fantastic. They didnt have the strongest taste but they were clear and talked about a very low price point…

The rosin was fantastic and this is coming from someone that hates rosin…

I didnt think anything was really ground breaking and dont know why there is such hate… I think they have a long road ahead of them with their current business plan.

11 Likes

I wonder what would happen if dissolved in terp or butane. Would it turn blue?

3 Likes

No there is no BLEU in there
There is orange if we are talking light absorption

Or there is no color if we are talking light difraction

13 Likes

All these people tripping on a gimmick! I mean, get it, and GET IT ALL if you can! I’m just laughing to myself because people are thinking that this is bringing more than what it really is. It’s just another reason to get you to buy! Even better if they’re good!

2 Likes

Totally understand that. Not saying that they won’t sell… They are definitely going to sell like hot cakes lol. because probably 90% of consumers don’t know dick about cannabis. They see a blue diamond and will lose their mind, like walter white’s tweakers did when they saw blue shards…

Difference is walter actually had a superior product (I think? never smoked ice before lol)… Can’t say the same for this… unless someone can explain why it’s truly superior? I am all ears.

combining two posts into one because Slow Mode sucks lol

@Killa12345 Okay, thank you! From someone who has actually tried them, this holds some weight. I am cheap too and could never justify spending the extra money just because it looks cool.
I admire the fuck out of his giant white/clear stones… They’re amazing, which is part of the reason I am like “why turn them blue…?”
Maybe I’m just not heady enough either, like you said.

6 Likes

I hear these are going to $120/$150 gram. Is this true?

1 Like

I have admiration for the process and it’s creator. New shit leads to more new shit

6 Likes

The problem is no ones is going to want to smoke the same thing, and or donate enough of the same thing, and or be able to store the same thing without degradation at this point. So studies really couldn’t last past a few years without some serious backing.

that’s crazy considering the cali wholesale market is like 7-9$ for big faceted stones. The legal market out here really brought the price of concentrates down in the last year. I don’t care what color the diamonds are I highly doubt shops will buy any bho products higher then 25$ a g. I think there are 2 or 3 companies fetching that price point and their product moves slow because heady boys don’t buy from shops.

4 Likes

Slow mode reduced to 15m between replies and will be turned off in ~24H.

8 Likes

A gimmick it may be, but understanding the chemistry here is what we all want to know. It’s not dye and is cannabis derived.

I truly don’t plan on taking blue diamonds to market. Nevertheless I’m prepared to pay 10k to have someone help learn the Boulder tek and willbillytek. There’s a ton of value to me in knowing the chemistry taking place here. I think 90% of us on this forum, are just eager for the knowledge.

19 Likes

Don’t be so sure. Every Reddit thread and IG post is full of comments about it being poison. My go to dispensary in Michigan won’t be carrying them due to consumers thinking their are toxic. 99.99% on the COA doesn’t seem to matter. Not sure why.

5 Likes

The number on the COA isn’t the “be-all end-all” because 1. there is ALWAYS a window of variance when testing for potency… and 2. the data can be manipulated very easily by the lab to achieve whatever result the client wants… Not saying that is what happened here. But it happens a lot in this industry. A happy client that keeps seeing the results they want to means they will keep sending their tests to your lab. Which means more money.

COAs all come with a grain of salt in this industry. Again, the test on those blue stones could be very accurate. I am not disputing that. Just pointing out a flaw in the entire industry’s potency testing.

6 Likes

This where we are in the largest market in the US and the reason large stones are not a big seller. Also the concentrate size is limited to 1g on the retail level at the moment so boulders aren’t a thing here.

6 Likes