Updated Cart Formula (Where to from here?)

So in the past, I’ve used distillate, floraplex terps and I’m sorry to say Mr. Extractor “thickener” Now that VitamninE acetate has come to national attention as the possible culprit into the mysterious “vape deaths”, (if its not a big tobacco conspiracy) I’m not going to put it on my cart formula until more testing and research is done. It just seems like the right thing to do. However, now I have a problem: I can’t get the ratio right with just terps and disty. Its too harsh or has no flavor at all. The “thickener” worked pretty well for aid to the viscosity and general vape-ability. Even if the owner of the company is a total d-bag.
What are some formulas (ratios) that are working for y’all?
Thanks

1 Like

You really have to even think about this one?

You should NEVER use any cuts. This is crazy. Cutting carts w anything, terps or whatever isn’t good for your throat or lungs, no way

Terps shouldn’t even be a “cut” either. I use 1-3% lately hemp and 3-8% Canna terps. That’s hardly a “cut”

Thanks for postponing use, we really appreciate that esp with 29 out of 29 having vit e as the culprit

The only cut I can deem safe is CBD disty. And then just the idea screwin someone I’m not down for either.

Raw disty carts w Canna/hemp terps for the win in 2020(the “NO CUT YEAR!”. My ppl have been long and far, funny lil ole me makes better Vapes than most dispensary

11 Likes

i doubt 10% mct 5% terps ever hurt anybody. mct is the only one that is still used regularly by dispensaries and has data on its byproducts at high temps. you can’t use more than 10% mct with terps or it will get watery so it forces cart cutters to be honest. I get that people hate “cutting” but sometimes 5% terps and distillate can have really poor airflow so there is a time and a place for dilution. some smooth disty out better than others. i doubt many customers will get upset if they see 10% mct oil on your packaging. everyone swears they use no cuts at all and no one believes it anymore so if you are being straight up about just using a tiny amount then it may even build trust.

4 Likes

How many of these damn “cut” threads do we need.

Do NOT cut tour carts. Cut your wrist if you must cut.

23 Likes

how about cbd disty for a cut

95% d9thc dist is rock solid and 5% terps does not help that problem too much. Something else is needed for certain carts.

I think CBD dist is the only option

Unless you want to try my new product TomCuTT its got viscosity, hempcutt, mineral oil, motor oil and shark fin juice.

17 Likes

@square_root_pharms

Ask him, I believe that’s what he uses.

Lol TomcuTT

3 Likes

Someone should become the official CBD cut supplier for this forum

4 Likes

If you get the proper cart with intake holes, thick disty shouldnt be an issue.

You cant put YUGO brake pads on a Ferrari and expect it to fit. Same goes for thick disty thru .9mm intake holes.

3 Likes

I think it depends on the carts used. each cart needs a specific formula to flow. the ascent all ceramics ive settled on 92/8 thc/terps. they flow decent enough and seem to be the best mix ive used for ascent ceramics. genuine press fit CCells seems to be the best but at 3 bucks a pop they just arent economical. @Paragon1 has tried one of my ascent 92/8 carts what say you my man?

i also offer THC:CBD carts at varying ratios depending on customer needs. ive run ratios from 50/50 up to 90/10 of thc to cbd and they all seem to work great in ascent carts too. when i add cbd distillate i lower my terps to around 4-5% with great flavor still.

4 Likes

Mct oil should not be vaped

9 Likes

The ceramic seem to be ok with that ratio. Still havnt found a cart to match the CCell quality though. Cutting carts is no different than the guys cutting heroin with Draino. Criminal!

2 Likes

Not to promote or anything but my company makes carts better than C-Cell for less.

1 Like

Where are you located? Where do you make them? What’s the lead time? Lead-free certified? Show me whatchu got

6 Likes

If you could find cannabis derived terpenes, you’ll save yourself a lot of headache. I’ve been in cartridge formulations for 2 years. Started off with botanicals and flavoring. I would start by measuring the intensity of your flavor/botanical as they all vary. Secondly, I’d start out with 3-5g sample formulations for RnD. Lastly, let the formulation sit in a cart for over 24 hours. I have found year old formulations that have a much more pronounced profile compared to when I originally made them. It’s an RnD game really.

2 Likes

Why? Minimal formaldehyde conversion, absorbs readily through mucosal membranes, and it’s greed-proof. As in, if someone uses more than they need it will get watery.

Even 2.0mm authentic CCells clog guys. This isn’t about cutting for profit. 5-10% mct makes the cart work better. I realize that’s not what anyone wants to hear but cbd distillate is just going to make it thicker from the crystallization. Cbd distillate seems like a good idea if you’re trying to cut costs but I don’t think people should be doing that. Using a minuscule amount so the cart itself performs better is fine as long as you’re transparent to the consumer so they can decide if they do or don’t want to inhale that.

5 Likes

I’m still trying to get my carts not to clog before the last 1/3 of the cart is finished! I’ve been adding 9% terps by volume (that is my latest blend) and right now I can get to almost 20% left but I notice the airflow starts to become restricted around the halfway point (full gram carts) so I either have to further dilute or change things up. Maybe half grams? Two trips to the same grocery store just don’t make sense to me though (:smiling_imp:)

1 Like

Not entirely true.

You must get your carts hot like I do. A buddy suggested flipping it upside down after hitting. We are getting the oil much hotter than most vapers. It gets really thin then. Flipping upside really helped mine.

And heating inisde the palm my hand for about 15sec for preheat when really cold helps too

Thanks for the advice dude! I have plenty of methods for personal use but try telling that to your patients hahaha some are cool but most don’t wanna hear that. They want it to work flawlessly and therefore I must continue to strive for greatness.

1 Like

We don’t sell carts, but I make them for friends and family. Nothing beats a live extract diamonds and sauce cart. Get a proper crash on your sauce and decarb your washed diamonds. Mix them back at the same ratio and the viscosity will be near perfect for a c cell. You need to have a sauce ratio of +20% though.

4 Likes