Updated Cart Formula (Where to from here?)

I used 10 different cart types at 92+% d9 and 7% terps and I had 30% of my carts come back clogging :man_shrugging:t4: ruined my cart startup Network. Gotta do a full rebrand now and I’m out thousands of $$ and burned a sales avenue.

You have to make products idiot proof or else idiots will prove themselves. There’s no way you can account for everyone’s vape voltages, styles, etc. You need to build product around a bottom line of convenience rather than try to educate every consumer on what specific setup they need for your cartridge.

There’s some liquidy stuff in the heads fraction of my distillate I’ve been kinda curious about. Maybe with enough cleanup the right diluent is already in the plant?

2 Likes

Located in Detroit. We are owners of the factory in China so we have direct input in quality control. Once everything is made its shipped here. So you don’t have to worry about Customs. Lead time is days rather than weeks. Has COA and Heavy Metal Testing.

I’d love to help you with that
Email me at Darrius@dmliftinc.com so we can talk.

Where at in Detroit? I’m in SE Michigan, about 15 mins from downtown

Taylor, so not technically Detroit. Metro Detroit

1 Like

Not too incredibly far. I’m near 696/75.

Oh okay, we’re just off Telegraph so its a straight shot

That runny heads is CBT. It’s quickly becoming the new cutting agent. Find a supplier and you’ll have better luck, but you’ll need a more concentrated form. The heads will be a really low % CBT.

2 Likes

Is it actually a lower viscosity when it’s isolated or is it just runny for other impurities? CBT/CBL are the two I’ve seen mentioned here but I’m pretty sure what the suppliers sell for it are from conversions, not from refining their fractions .

You can do either. Only a handful of people are going to know the conversion route, most are refining through whatever methods. But SPD is the beginning of the process. I prob produce around 3 kilos of CBT a week. It’s viscosity is really low as purity increases. So no it’s not from the impurities. Look at the molecule and you’ll see why it’s viscosity is so low. It has no functional groups that can hydrogen bond, where CBD and THC do. This is part of the reason their viscosity is so high. There’s other reasons too, but if you just look at the molecules this should make sense.

1 Like

If you have to cut, then the problem is your cartridges, not your thick distillate.
Cutting is the improper solution to the problem you are experiencing.
Please try 2.0mm intake holes, and join the cool side of the lunch room.

1 Like

This. +1
This isnt talked about alot, but letting cartridges ‘cure’ dramatically effects the flavor.
I wait at least a week before hitting my cartridges, if i dont then it just tastes average.

Some of my favorite cartridges have been ones that sat in a drawer for 3+ months after filling.

1 Like

Recently since going to 5% from 4% terpenes, the line I found where the distillate doesn’t settle and does, I notice iCells will gain headspace over the course of about a week. Nobody likes big bubbles.

So what I do is fill on a heated bed, then flip. It primes enough for initial use and keeps the level high.

3 Likes

Nice. I’ll check them out. But cutting is not just done for viscosity. It’s also done depending on your COA and desired final concentration. Which I’m sure you knew, but some others might be confused. Therefore if you have a 90% distillate, most people would want to cut it, and this is where most of our CBT customers come into play. It just so happens to help viscosity as well.

1 Like

I have a bunch of 94% D9 raw distillate. The lab results he provided said 94% D9. IDK if it’s really true or not. I just take a big syringe and load carts with the Disty and don’t cut it with anything. I just use a hair dryer to really get it flowing.
So my question is, what’s the best cart type to use for raw D9 distillate?

1 Like

What was the best cart you have used for straight D9 raw distillate?

Find a cart with 2.0 mm holes for thick distillate.

3 Likes

Thank you.

I have been using raw d-9 distillate, Live Resin Diamond (aka - Live Resin Sugar. Idk if people use different slang terms for it) and 2 drops of canna derived terpenes from massterps.

Get it warm, mix it good, boom right into the carts. Pressure sealed carts.

They love them, you can see the little diamonds glittering like glitter in the carts. And they do leave a residue when their done, but damn are they good and everyone loves them.

33% LRD per batch and these are what we call “sauce carts”

1.4mm intake holes on these carts I’m using

I never get above 90° when mixing and filling

2 Likes

why not centrifuge off the terps, decarb the diamonds and use that instead of leaving unusable thca behind in the cart?

3 Likes

How do you fill if you are using diamonds … do you put the rocks in and add the sauce??
Just wondering, I’ve seen carts of rocks and sauce

1 Like